X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened To The!!!!!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE VEG/OIL Surfers.
    Are they still going STRONG?
    or did they sprout shoots and turn into swedes or turnips?
    not had update for ages.HOWS IT GOING GUYS?
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

They got busted by customs & excise mate

they where spitting chips out of their tailpipes at other roadusers
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
      WHAT HAPPENED TO THE VEG/OIL Surfers.
      Are they still going STRONG?
      or did they sprout shoots and turn into swedes or turnips?
      not had update for ages.HOWS IT GOING GUYS?

I was talking to a friend of the wifes, who is regestered with customs and excise and I am informed that if you make your own bio diesel you pay the inland revenue 27 pence per litre, after costs for materials this works out at 45ish pence per litre. Now if you use veggi oil and pour it straight in, you have to pay the inland revenue 47 pence per litre. Thats on top of the cost of the oil, making it more expensive that the pump price.... In short its a flippin' rip off, and they know it is.
      [SIZE=3][FONT=verdana][COLOR=darkorange]The chickens are stealing my sanity[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Healewis
        I was talking to a friend of the wifes, who is regestered with customs and excise and I am informed that if you make your own bio diesel you pay the inland revenue 27 pence per litre, after costs for materials this works out at 45ish pence per litre. Now if you use veggi oil and pour it straight in, you have to pay the inland revenue 47 pence per litre. Thats on top of the cost of the oil, making it more expensive that the pump price.... In short its a flippin' rip off, and they know it is.
        Make you wonder who the flaming robbers really are. Always the joe public who gets clobbered for tax etc.

Comment

I'm in negotiations with the son inlaw, who is a MacDonalds manager, for their branches waste oil for ................nothing.
          Of course it will need filtering and will smell like a large fries. I guess I would only have to pay the duty for the times when I am using the vegoil .
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Healewis

I think this is more to do with the local divisions interpretation of the rules. Some treat SVO (straight veg oil) as diesel fuel for taxation purposes whilst others include it with biodiesel as a reduced-tax diesel replacement. Many SVO users in the UK are registered with their local C&E as experimental fuel producers and the majority pay only the reduced tax amounts.

As regards usage... yep still fuelled by a blend of SVO and dinodiesel, as I always have since getting this surf nearly a year ago, no worries, hardly think about it anymore as it has made no difference to the performance or economy, just smells different
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Been running on a 50/50 mix since before xmas. So far no problems and dont really notice the smell.

Haven't had any cold starting problems during the recent cold snap either.
              '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnyboy
                Been running on a 50/50 mix since before xmas. So far no problems and dont really notice the smell.

Haven't had any cold starting problems during the recent cold snap either.
                does it save you money?
                are you using new or recycled veg oil?
                Pops

Comment

About 25% off the fuel bill so far. I will probably up the veg oil content as the weather warms up but I'm a bit nervous about going 100%.

I already save on my dino fuel as I pop over to eire once a week to fill up (80 euro pl). I live 25 miles from the border so it's financially worth it.

Currently using new oil as I dont have any means of filtration.

I suppose that if you are going to defraud the IR you may as well put red diesel in at 19 - 28 ppl depending on how much you buy.

Not that i'm recommending it mind!!
                  '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnyboy
                    About 25% off the fuel bill so far. I will probably up the veg oil content as the weather warms up but I'm a bit nervous about going 100%.

I already save on my dino fuel as I pop over to eire once a week to fill up (80 euro pl). I live 25 miles from the border so it's financially worth it.

Currently using new oil as I dont have any means of filtration.

I suppose that if you are going to defraud the IR you may as well put red diesel in at 19 - 28 ppl depending on how much you buy.

Not that i'm recommending it mind!!
                    Mmmmm forum may have eyes too.
                    Pops

Comment

Working...
                    X