Countries you have visited...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countries you have visited...

I was having a chat with someone this morning about places/countries we had visited. He used to work in Japan & the States and I asked what words would best describe them or their people [or both]?

Japan, he said was "polite & deferential"

The word he used for the States was "charmless"

I described Yugoslavia as "laid back, warm & friendly", this was before all the trouble of course...

Any better descriptions?
    Shab.
    Carpe Biscalorum...

Originally posted by Shab
    The word he used for the States was "charmless"
    Think your friend must have been to New York Most of the folks I've met in (different parts of) the States have been really friendly - even a guy walking down the street in Chicago! Mind you, most of the older ones seemed to think I ought to know the person they met while they were here in the war
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

What's big, red and full of flies?

Australia.

New Zealand in one word - 'blunt'. I love it.

Comment

peru.. $$$$ hole
        china... full $$$$ hole
        states.. burgers
        sweden.. blonde
        france.. vinegary $$$$ hole
        london.. $$$$ hole
        egypt.. hot hot hot
        spain... chips

dont think i work in the best places lol
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

visit England quite a few times
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

USA - NM, AZ, TX, NV, CA, NY, MA, NH. I actually like USA a lot, particularly the South West such as NM and AZ as I love the deserts. CA is a bit of a mixed bag. San Diego is nice, LA is a hole. TX is crazy in places. I like most Americans too, not really much different to us, nothing like on the telly. Apart from the 'redneck' types who are a bit crazy.

Australia - Been all over. I like the South East corner best. Adelaide is probably the prettiest little city out there, and Melbourne was cool too. The Great Ocean Road was a fantastic drive.

Canada - been to Toronto and a lot of New Brunswick which was very picturesque. Stayed near Gagetown.

Not done much of Europe really, but Denmark was tedious!

PS. I'm not loaded, all the travel is for work.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              visit England quite a few times
              and we let you come back!!!!!
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

Florida...cheap food..fuel...vehicles..clothin g and relaxing but sick and tired of hearing have a nice day

Corfu....simple life

Rhodes....laid back

Luxembourg.....can cover from one side of the country to the other in 2hrs...nice country in the sticks but seems everywhere is a banking institution

France....well I'll leave it your your imagination

London...ssheet hole...full of $$$$ in every doorway, overpriced and unfriendly people

Holland....nice country....red light all over

Ireland...love the craic

Germany....built up industry in the north but lovely country down near frankfurt

Edinburgh ...lovely fresh salmon....heavy on the booze
                Last edited by Gizmo; 13 July 2006, 21:49.
                Gaz

Comment

Just back from Malta on saturday, friendly people , damned hot, and the St Georges cross flying all over during world cup.

Comment

England ( inner M25) - rude and arogant in most places
                    England ( anywhere other than M25 circle, preferably more rural) friendly and generally helpful if maybe a bit redneck in places
                    Wales - extraordinarily friendly, very welcoming
                    Ireland - extraordinarily friendly, very welcoming but too much smoking in public places until the ban happened
                    Scotland - in the north they are more relaxed and friendly than say Glasgow but Edinburgh is not so bad, quite friendly
                    Florida USA - very friendly people but also very fake.
                    Crete - nice place, very friendly, good food.
                    Belgium - (Ive travelled the length and breadth of the place )confusing place of different languages, too much smoking in public places, generally friendly people and some good pubs too. very good beers.
                    France - Generally a very friendly place except for Paris which is like london ( full of non native touristic types) Brittany is different to the rest of france, and is very much like the north of england or cornwall. The rest of france is actually very very friendly and polite. much more polite than england, especially if you ride a bike.
                    Spain - laid back, can be confusing in places with two different kinds of spanish language. big cities can feel a bit daunting at night though with gangs of immigrants coming up from morocco and Mali.
                    she's no angel

Comment

Sweden - very nice place, people odd as they keep stopping to think (but very attractive while they do it). Speak excellent English as well, which is useful because I don't speak Swedish.
                      Denmark - easy going, friendly.
                      Germany - can't do roadworks for ****. Cost me 4 HOURS on Tuesday to clear 5 km of autobahn. German efficiency? Pah!
                      Holland - nice people, psychopathic drivers.
                      Belgium - polite but fast drivers (didn't actually stop).
                      French - nice people outside of Paris, rude inside.
                      Spain - love tourists.

US - people very very friendly so long as you don't criticise the government.
                      Canada - not quite so friendly, but more helpful (i.e. more useful but fewer pleasantries).
                      Enaglnd - nice outside M25, 'orrible inside.
                      Scotland - friendly, open people. Also speak good English.
                      Wales - God's own country

Comment

Originally posted by NFC
                        Scotland - friendly, open people. Also speak good English.

Except Rab C Nesbitt.

Comment

England - Love the countryside, but being over run by Eastern Europeans
                          Wales - Some are ok, but most don't like the English.
                          Scotland - Only driven thru it so can't comment.
                          Northern Ireland - Lovely, friendly people, if you are in the right area.
                          France - Less said the better.
                          Holland - Excellent place, and everyone speaks English better than we do.
                          Germany - Beautiful country, but a bit lacking in the sense of humour department.
                          Belgium - Only went there when our Military convoy took a wrong turn......Oops
                          Cyprus - lived there for a year. Very nice, very,very hot and gorgeous women.
                          Turkey - very friendly people and very cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                            England - Love the countryside, but being over run by Eastern Europeans
                            Wales - Some are ok, but most don't like the English.
                            Scotland - Only driven thru it so can't comment.
                            Northern Ireland - Lovely, friendly people, if you are in the right area.
                            France - Less said the better.
                            Holland - Excellent place, and everyone speaks English better than we do.
                            Germany - Beautiful country, but a bit lacking in the sense of humour department.
                            Belgium - Only went there when our Military convoy took a wrong turn......Oops
                            Cyprus - lived there for a year. Very nice, very,very hot and gorgeous women.
                            Turkey - very friendly people and very cheap.
                            i wont ask what you were after to know that they were friendly and cheap
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Isle of white, frendly people but could'nt understand the language,
                              Belgium, cheap baccy
                              France not so cheap baccy
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X