Surfing to Spain any pointers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfing to Spain any pointers

Ok the trucks been with Tony for 4 weeks and i doubt much is getting sorted as he is sunning it somewhere. He wont get it back till 2 weeks before we go, We leave in 3 weeks and i need to make sure iv got all the spares i need sorted...

Anyone reccomend certain necessary bits for a 4000 mile trip, belts etc???
    also where to get them online
    Kite Surf

get filter set and full belt set not sure what else. im sure tony can supply you with what you need if not all his bits are from roughtrax anyway.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Its advisable to have Emergency triangle as they are the law, in Europe as well as first aid kit, i think. Spare bulbs of course and i would take 3ltrs water in case of any radiator type problems. It would atleast get you to next service area. I travelled 4 times to Italy in the lsat 10 months.
      Philip
      Still Searching,
      Dick Whittington

Comment

You'll need a very, very, very big wave!

Comment

You need to have a fluorescent jacket.

http://driving.drive-alive.co.uk/driving-in-spain.htm

(Visibility Vests are now compulsory in Italy, Austria and Spain (and likely to become compulsory throughout the EU) if you need to walk on a motorway. In Spain we've been told you need a vest for every potential occupant of the car, and that they must be carried inside the car, rather than in the boot. Other sources have said you don't have to carry one, but if you breakdown on the motorway you will be breaking the law if you walk to an emergency phone without one.)

Comment

I always carry two two gallon containers, one of oil, one of coolant.
            Gaffer/duct tape, insulation tape, tow rope/rod, bulbs, fuses, various
            bores of hose, amalgamating tape, tools (obviously), 12V tyre compressor,
            tyre pressure gauge, gasket sealant. Plus, if I was going any vast
            distance, would definitely include thermostat, rad cap, belts and filters.

Also, I have realised, looking at the list above, just how paranoid I am.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF

Maybe a trailer and spare truck would be easier???

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Maybe a trailer and spare truck would be easier???
                I'm becoming obsessed with the Surf, aren't I. Hadn't realised
                till I wrote that list.

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
                  Ok the trucks been with Tony for 4 weeks and i doubt much is getting sorted as he is sunning it somewhere. He wont get it back till 2 weeks before we go, We leave in 3 weeks and i need to make sure iv got all the spares i need sorted...

Anyone reccomend certain necessary bits for a 4000 mile trip, belts etc???
                  also where to get them online
                  Hi Cris Maybe ya wanna get small First Aid Kit & a Small Fire Extinguisher
                  Safe trip Pal

Jess
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by MattF

dont forget cable ties!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                      dont forget cable ties!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Glad you mentioned those. Reminded me I've run out of the large ones.

Comment

Plus don't forget the legal requirements - fire extinguisher, first aid kit, 2 emergency triangles (yes, seriously), hi-vis vests (I think Spain requires them for front seat passengers,and Portugal for all passengers, but I would check that if I were you.
                        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

I think it would be cheaper and a lot less fuss if you just went to blackpool!

Comment

Before we set out on a long trip we get all the oils/fluids changed (they call it a "C" service out here), change my fan belts and brake pads if necessary.

And usually carry the following kit list:

http://www.elphick-pooley.co.uk/htm/kit.htm
                            @africa4x4cafe
                            [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Thanks fellas keep it coming though...
                              Kite Surf

Comment

Working...
                              X