No announcement yet.

Who would you say was to blame...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it a souped up Corsa ? you know the type, massive spoiler on the back doing absolutly nothing , body kit , wide exhaust to make the 1.1 engine sound like a tractor and full of burbury wearing little scroats who haven't reached pubity yet.
    If so. their insurance probably aint worth a toss because they sure as hell wouldn't of told their insurance company about the mods.
    I hate chav's I do !

But seriously , if you were stationary at the time of impact and they skidded into you that's a huge point in your favour as it indicates excessive speed on their part.

Also did they have headlights on ?

Andy.
    Last edited by bobafatass; 11 July 2006, 17:01.

Comment

You could suggest to his insurance company that he was speeding, clearly visible on Tescos security cameras footage ( Tesco will not release any footage unless the cops get involved).

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Won't help you this time but its worth chucking one of those little throwaway cameras in the glove box for taking pics of skid marks etc..........

Comment

Who hit Who????
          down to him in my book
          even if it was a junction give way to the right is the rule
          he hit your near side...down to him
          And he drives a Corsa....down to him
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

In answer to the above:

Yeah, it was fairly souped up...Alpine sticker acrss the windscreen..you know the gig.

Can't remember if he had headlights on.

I thought about asking Tesco if I could get hold of the tapes, but I didn't realise that the cops had to be involved.

Just got off the phone to his grandad [the lad lives with them], and he says his grandson said I admitted it was my fault at the time. Now I probably said quite a few things but that wasn't one of them. Also he mentioned that he has got possible whiplash.

I dunno, I just wanted all this to remain amicable if poss, but now I'm being painted into a corner...
            Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Originally posted by Shab
              In answer to the above:

Yeah, it was fairly souped up...Alpine sticker acrss the windscreen..you know the gig.

Can't remember if he had headlights on.

I thought about asking Tesco if I could get hold of the tapes, but I didn't realise that the cops had to be involved.

Just got off the phone to his grandad [the lad lives with them], and he says his grandson said I admitted it was my fault at the time. Now I probably said quite a few things but that wasn't one of them. Also he mentioned that he has got possible whiplash.

I dunno, I just wanted all this to remain amicable if poss, but now I'm being painted into a corner...
              Thats b0ll0cks, they always come that, the shear amount of damage to his car and the distance he moved yours (sideways) squarley puts the blame on him, Get the police involved if poss and see if they can access tesco's security tapes and claim neck injury as well,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                Thats b0ll0cks, they always come that, the shear amount of damage to his car and the distance he moved yours (sideways) squarley puts the blame on him, Get the police involved if poss and see if they can access tesco's security tapes and claim neck injury as well,

Just seems a pity that I'm now going to have to go through all that cr4p..

Ah well, always someone worse off than you...
                Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

"Also he mentioned that he has got possible whiplash."

Oh yeah that old chestnut

I'd turn into Mr angry and tell him to spin, talk via insurance companies from now on. I take it you have informed yours?

I'd mention about the modded Corsa, speeding with no headlights on (bet he can't prove he had them on). I bet he has not told his insurance company about the mods, if not whoops null insurance cover.

Get you company involved and let them screw him.
                  Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

Who hit Who????
                    His fault in my book too... Speeding ??
                    HIGHWAY CODE says give way to the right, last time I looked
                    He hit you !!!!!! Enough Said
                    He drives a recently repaired Sooped up Corsa....what does that tell ya ??
                    Let yer Insurance deal wiv it & you'll be well prepared next time, as it's bound to happen again sometime wiv lots o' them little $$$hits around.
                    Good Luck Bud

There's Always a Payback.... Hope they got it Comin !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

why is every one suggesting you ring his insurance company and get his insurance made invalid because he drives a modified car, surley you need his insurance to be valid as thats who is going to pay your repairs. I bet if his insurance is cancellled you wont get a penny out of him.
                      If you have fully comp insurance all you do is tell your insurance company that you are fairly sure he was at fault and then they do the rest-thats what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by fergus
                        why is every one suggesting you ring his insurance company and get his insurance made invalid because he drives a modified car, surley you need his insurance to be valid as thats who is going to pay your repairs. I bet if his insurance is cancellled you wont get a penny out of him.
                        If you have fully comp insurance all you do is tell your insurance company that you are fairly sure he was at fault and then they do the rest-thats what you pay for.
                        If his insurance company finds out that he has modded it without telling them, then the chances are that he will have no insurance.

Next step small claims court?

Comment

Originally posted by Paff
                          If his insurance company finds out that he has modded it without telling them, then the chances are that he will have no insurance.

Next step small claims court?

Hence the 'whiplash' claim!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            Hence the 'whiplash' claim!

Aye !!

Comment

You know that sore neck you had, that you told us about, after some boy racing wan*er hit you in the side? Well I think you should get down the doctors and get him to look at it!!!! That side impact jerked your head right over to the side.

It's your word against his regarding the admission of liability. Get photo's of the area in question in daylight, then make a comprehensive, professional statement, speak to the doctor about your neck and leave it in the hands of your lawyer. My guess is he has modified his car and NOT told the insurance company of the mods. You need to chase this up, as he wont be covered if that's the case. What's his grandad got to do with it? The lad will loose his licence if proven at fault as he has probably only just passed his test.

What is your driving record like? If you have a long, good record and he has just passed his test and drives a modified boy racer then I know who's side I would come down on!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                                You know that sore neck you had, that you told us about, after some boy racing wan*er hit you in the side? Well I think you should get down the doctors and get him to look at it!!!! That side impact jerked your head right over to the side.

It's your word against his regarding the admission of liability. Get photo's of the area in question in daylight, then make a comprehensive, professional statement, speak to the doctor about your neck and leave it in the hands of your lawyer. My guess is he has modified his car and NOT told the insurance company of the mods. You need to chase this up, as he wont be covered if that's the case. What's his grandad got to do with it? The lad will loose his licence if proven at fault as he has probably only just passed his test.

What is your driving record like? If you have a long, good record and he has just passed his test and drives a modified boy racer then I know who's side I would come down on!!!!
                                It really is funny you should mention my bad neck. I have a trapped nerve between C5 & C6 which has left me with reduced feeling in my thumb, index and middle fingers and when it plays up, which fortunately is only every couple of years or so, I am completely immobilised. I actually saw the neurosurgeon last week with a view to a possible op!

I spoke to his grandfather again last night [the lad just passed the phone staight to him] and I just think he is desperate not to get his insurers involved. I think if the claim went my way the lad would probably be uninsurable 'till he's 25 or so. Anyway he still hasn't given me his insurers so I said the best course of action was to ask the police to get the tapes from Tesco and take it from there...

For the record, I never been involved irn a road accident where I was the driver...
                                Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Working...
                                X