Drive shaft gaitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive shaft gaitors

Had an inner driveshaft gaitor split, so thought i would price it up at local toyota agents today, they quoted me an outrageous price of £86.00 for a pair (only sold in driveshaft inner and outer pair) went to local factors and matched one up for £12, where do they get there prices from
    If it aint broke dont fix it

gaitors

i had the iner 1 split o/s ,order 2 from roughtrax, 0117 9869065

email. info@toyotahilux.com] very helpfull inner 1 was £12.50 and tha outer 1 was£9.00 pVAT, VERY GOOD PRICES,

Comment

Bout the same price i paid with my trade discount and as my local factors is just down the road no postage fee, so i feel better now
      If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

When mine went to get the recall work done (my wife actually took the car as I was out the country) they said that they could not do the work as an inner gaitor was split and the steering idler was trashed they quoted her 800 quid to do the work including parts. Tony bought the stuff from milners and did the work for 180 (I think) including parts!!!!
        Tany did recon the Milners gaitor was better than roughtrax and was easier to install

Comment

Just replaced mine (inner + outer on both sides) took about 5 hours including lunch , tea , ciggie breaks. got bits from milners within 24 hours. not difficult to do just a bit heavy in places.
          whilst the car was jacked up with wheels off , I replaced both sets of brake pads and undersealed the arches and wishbones.
          A goods days work in the sun missing world cup!!!
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Do you have play on both wheels? I take it they have taper roller bearings, and the play i have is just the normal you would expect from a taper bearing?
            What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Working...
            X