help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

hi there ive only got a budget of about £2700 and i would like a 3.0L surf but i cannot find one for any near that money that isnt a $$$$ter. I think i am only going to be able to afford a 2.4 but this whole cylinder head thing worrys me. Does this cracking cylinder head problem affect all surfs or only a handfull. I may look at a 93 k-reg surf 2.4 with 67000miles. If a cylinder head goes how much am i looking at?. Also what refrigerant gas does the surf use is it r-12 (banned in this country and unavaliable) or r-134a.

Any help please would be appreciated
    To assume makes an ass out of u and me.

new head is £1000 plus
    you can get both gasses still - most have been converted.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ginger
      hi there ive only got a budget of about £2700 and i would like a 3.0L surf but i cannot find one for any near that money that isnt a $$$$ter. I think i am only going to be able to afford a 2.4 but this whole cylinder head thing worrys me. Does this cracking cylinder head problem affect all surfs or only a handfull. I may look at a 93 k-reg surf 2.4 with 67000miles. If a cylinder head goes how much am i looking at?. Also what refrigerant gas does the surf use is it r-12 (banned in this country and unavaliable) or r-134a.

Any help please would be appreciated
      Dont be too put off by the 2.4s Not all are affected and many have had the head replaced, ask when you view and get the paperwork to confirm it, although like any other veh make sure the cooling system is maintained and it will give no trouble, 3lts better though, more grunt for around the same mpg
      Good luck Ian
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
      X