yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help with tel RJ11/BT cabling???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help with tel RJ11/BT cabling???

Obviously not surf related but can anyone help me with a telephone cable issue I have regarding a BT to RJ11 cable.

Basically I bought a 10m cable to replace an existing 2m cable to wire up a device but the 10m one is wired up like the top example in the diagram below, whereas the original 2m one is wired up like the bottom example below. Suffice to say the device does not work with the 10m cable. so... I guess I need to buy another 10m cable that is wired up like the bottom example (or perhaps like the second example as the two pins I am interested in are connected in the same way) - but what do I look for/ask for when ordering?

The info I have found on the web (such as http://www.pickaxe.demon.co.uk/surftime/wiring.htm) lists 4 ways of wiring but none seem to have a specific name or code or anything! How do you know what type you are buying???

No longer a Surf owner.

A bog standard fax or modem lead should be wired up correctly
    for what you want. What's the device?

Comment

see if this link will help:Scroll down towards the bottom

http://www.wppltd.demon.co.uk/WPP/Wi...telephone.html
      Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        A bog standard fax or modem lead should be wired up correctly
        for what you want. What's the device?
        Thats what I bought - the 10m lead is a "standard modem/telephone lead". I guess I need a non-standard one!

The device is a telecommunicating alarm system - basically the alarm can call numbers when set off, act as an answerphone and enable users to dial-in to set/check alarm/messages and listen in to the house.
        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Cut and adapt that cable you have bought. If you've an iron
          and heatshrink, your well sorted.

Comment

Working...
          X