RANT Insurance Companies RANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANT Insurance Companies RANT

Every $$$$ing online insurance quote I have tried either doesn't list the Surf in the drop-down box or you get to the very last box, hit the button and it says, "Sorry we are unable to quote at this time, please ring 0800 ******."
    Alternatively, put in your vehicle details and select 4Runner and it says no vehicle matches the engine/transmission type.

All the people who have told me, three years running, that they don't insure imports have sent me letters touting for business and guess what? They still don't insure imports! $$$$ers.

If I hear, "Your call is very important to us, blah, blah, blah...." again I think I will vomit. If my call is so $$$$ing important then why don't they answer it instead of playing music and repeating endless ads for all their other services?

Do you think I will better Adrian Flux quote of £280 fully comp?
    It's only a hobby!

Try A-Plan Phil on 0845 071 1234

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
      Try A-Plan Phil on 0845 071 1234

Trev
      They don't cover imports. They told me so. If they do then stuff 'em coz they told me porkies or employ incompetents.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

£280 sounds good to me phil ,
        but then i do live in central london
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          They don't cover imports. They told me so. If they do then stuff 'em coz they told me porkies or employ incompetents.
          They cover Hippo and the Bullet !!!!!

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Mine was £307.91 from LIFESURE
            Fully protected
            Age 42 and no previous accidents or claims
            kev.
            Regards
            Kev.
            2.4 black beast

Comment

I have had this before with insurance companies. I think it is my post code. Although car theft has gone down in this area we are still considered a high risk.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

A-Plan cover my 3rd Gen. When you 'phone ask to be put through to the Imports Dept. They are very good, but the muppets on the switchboard can't deal with imports - not listed on their computers you see!
                Keith

Comment

Lifesure did it for me. £333 fully comp, protected no claims for life. 36, full no claims and no points.

Comment

Apologies for the rant. It's not only the 20 mins to get to speak to a human being every time I phone somewhere, but I also got rained off the bit of welding I wanted to do today. On top of that I have become hyper-sensitive to every little insect bite. Even an ant bite turns into a bump the size of a golf ball, despite anti-hystemins and the mozzies round here fly backwards in squadrons.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                      Apologies for the rant. It's not only the 20 mins to get to speak to a human being every time I phone somewhere, but I also got rained off the bit of welding I wanted to do today. On top of that I have become hyper-sensitive to every little insect bite. Even an ant bite turns into a bump the size of a golf ball, despite anti-hystemins and the mozzies round here fly backwards in squadrons.

That's coz you live in Lutonistan. It's like the Bengal jungle down there.....

Comment

Know exactly what you mean Phil, Had the same trouble, Im sick and tired with this touch tone, press a number, call centre $hit, Tesco's did mine for
                        £247 ish but they have now lost my no claims proof letter i sent em so i got to f**k aroung getting a copy, They did know the surf import though, every other one i tried did'nt, and my previous insurer norwich union (quote me
                        f**king unhappy) wanted to bump the renewal up by a 100 to over £400,
                        Also got endless grief with the AA breakdown, it beats me how they ever run a business,
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Now here's a Norwich union special ! if you go direct they can't insure you but you can get cover through a broker ?????
                          I tried Admiral they don't cover 'imports' but the sales people started by asking if it was an SSRX ? Forerunner or Hilux

was the SSRX ever a UK model ?

Ended up with Lifesure (NIG)

confused ? you will be !
                          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                          X