Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Roof Bars!

Hi all,

I am after some help with something. I work for a company called 'TRUKRAX' and we design and manufacture heavy duty roof rack systems for light commercials (mainly) see: www.roofrack.co.uk

We are currently designing some roof bars to fit a Hilux Surf and are in need of a vehicle to measure / trial fit. The customer we are working with lives in London so is too far away and unable to bring the vehicle to us.

Is there any one in the midlands area, (we are in Nuneaton) who would be willing to bring their vehicle to us for a measure up & trial fit, in exchange for a pair of heavy duty roof bars (once they have been designed!)

Also, does anyone know if the roof on the Hilux surf changes from model to model?

Regards

i'm in warwick and could pop up any tuesday you like exept tomorrow!
    (2nd gen, 3rd gen is different..)
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Too far away but a cracking offer..........

Comment

The second and third gens look like they probably have slightly different roofs, but I cant be sure. There are more 2nd gens about (91-95 I think)

Some one will be along who knows for sure.

I think you might do quite a bit of business, as quite a few people have been looking for full-roof bars (including me) shame I'm so busy in the next few weeks or I would be really interested.

- In fact when you have them available it could be worth contacting Koi (webmaster) about putting an advert on here.
        Last edited by Medieval Dave; 26 June 2006, 11:21.

Comment

wheres Nuneaton????? but i am willing to travel
          if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Yes please

Hi,

I could do any evening this week except Friday? Can't do during the day though. I'm in Nottingham so not too far away. I have a '93 2nd gen. Pretty typical of most of the Surfs out there.

Cheers,

Dan
            Dan

Comment

I'm miles away but for a free set of roof bars i'd bring my second gen up no problem. Are you designing for a 2nd or first gen?
              ======
              Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

I would be a good candidate as i use roof bars all the time as an aerial rigger...At the present i use a set of thule but i dont really think they are up to the punishment that i can put roof bars through in putting a set of triples a set of double and a roof ladder on the top and dont for get the 20 mast`s that i need for some of the jobs in putting up large amateur radio arrays up..

Pm me if want as i live just north of London...
                Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

I forgot to mention i can test the roof bars to see if they stop the roof caving in
                  ======
                  Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Wow! cheers guys for the positive response, I will post an advert / notice once the design has been completed.

Thanks Again

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                      The second and third gens look like they probably have slightly different roofs, but I cant be sure. There are more 2nd gens about (91-95 I think)

Some one will be along who knows for sure.

I think you might do quite a bit of business, as quite a few people have been looking for full-roof bars (including me) shame I'm so busy in the next few weeks or I would be really interested.

- In fact when you have them available it could be worth contacting Koi (webmaster) about putting an advert on here.
                      3rd Gens have the roof tracks and are the most sought after and harder to get hold of, I know what I would be designing if it were me. Roughtrax are now the only supplier in the U.K for the 3rd Gen. I think Thule do some but haven't seen them.

Andy

Comment

Roof racks for 3rd Gens are easy

http://www.zen81610.zen.co.uk/Surf-Rack.htm
                        http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Comment

Mike,

Good work!, i like your style.....so do all Gen 3's have these rails?...would make life alot easier!

How can you tell a Gen 2 from a Gen 3?

Comment

I think that 2nd gens go up to about 95/96 then the third gen take over
                            and the 2nd gens look more rugged
                            see photo for 2nd gen
                            Attached Files
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

heres a thought, lots of people after a free set of bars.... i'm loads closer than you lot, so use my truck to measure up, and we'll do one of shabs raffles to see who gets the bars...(i have an aiba works tray on top of my truck already..seems greedy to have 2 sets..) seem reasonable?
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X