Vehicle Height on Ferry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Height on Ferry

Does anyone know if the vehicle height is actually checked on a cross channel ferry. The price goes up over 1.83 metres, I am wondering whether I can get away with a few centimeters without anyone noticing?

I have been across loads of times but this hasn't been an issue before!

If they moan I can always let the tyres down?

Cheers

Rob G

Originally posted by wibblywobbly
    Does anyone know if the vehicle height is actually checked on a cross channel ferry. The price goes up over 1.83 metres, I am wondering whether I can get away with a few centimeters without anyone noticing?

Cheers

Rob G
    plead ignorance.
    how many people actually measure there car, i dont,
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by wibblywobbly

Cheers

Rob G
      I've been across a few times with my truck, they class it as a leisure vehicle, it cost's the same as a standard car.
      Attached Files
      [SIZE=3][FONT=verdana][COLOR=darkorange]The chickens are stealing my sanity[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Healewis
        I've been across a few times with my truck, they class it as a leisure vehicle, it cost's the same as a standard car.
        forgot to say, that I crossed on the long crossing. I haven't tried the fast cat crossing with my truck that could be a tight fit
        [SIZE=3][FONT=verdana][COLOR=darkorange]The chickens are stealing my sanity[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

let the tyres down a bit you will lose an inch
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Eurotunnel has a limit of 1.85mtrs , and with the roof bars on my Surf is 1.86mtrs , so I take them off for the trip , but coming back it's a lot lower dont know why .

Comment

I have taken mine on the dover calais ferry, you will be very un lucky to get caught.

One guy did stop me, it was only to say he liked my surf though

Comment

Been on the Eurotunnel and Brittany Ferries with ours. No problems. Good thing with the Eurotunnel is you usually get put on the bottom deck so get out fast !! Just make sure you go under all the high height-restriction bars !

Comment

I've been on everything acros the irish sea including the HSS, Seacat and conventional Ro-ro's.

They have never checked or complained. the onlydifference is that I get put in a different land alongside motorhomes, people carriers, other 4x4's etc. They even put normal cars with roofracks in the same line as us big boys.
                  '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                    Eurotunnel has a limit of 1.85mtrs , and with the roof bars on my Surf is 1.86mtrs , so I take them off for the trip , but coming back it's a lot lower dont know why .
                    Hey Andy, Could the hight difference on the return journey be anything to do with briging grampa's cough mixture back ??????

Comment

Working...
                    X