@ Dave Robbo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Dave Robbo...

I've been following your "Bobbox" post and am thinking of investing in one myself.

I know you've said it's made quite a difference [and I'm inclined to agree, when I had my A4 chipped the improvement was staggering, performance wise as well as driveability], I was wondering if you'd done any kind of "scientific" testing, such as a 0-60 with the Bobbox connected then disconnected?

Shab.

Carpe Biscalorum...

I haven't done anything scientific, as you put it, Dave!! The Bobbox has an adjuster screw on the top, so you can adjust it to what ever you like, basically.
    I think, because of that, a 0-60 wouldn't count for much.

Saying that, I've now got mine set at a point where it doesn't smoke, and I'm still getting the 'oomph', so, I guess I could try.
    And before other people say anything... I know it ain't a sports car!!! Doesn't hurt to want a bit more go, tho, eh?

I know they aren't particularily cheap, and that's what stops a lot of people buying them (me included). I was thinking about getting one, but to be honest, if mine hadn't come up on e-bay, I probably wouldn't have got one. Yet.

Now I have got one and know what it is like. I can honestly say, that even if I'd paid full whack for it, I'd be happy.

20 mins to fit, and a 20% improvement in power...

PLUS.....

Taken directly from Diesel Bob's website...

POWER UPGRADES

Power upgrade units (BOBBOX, Easy Tune, Eco-Tune) all come with a 30 day trial. The 30 day trial begins the day after the unit is dispatched.
    Should you be unhappy with the results of the power upgrade you have these 30 days to return the unit for a refund.
    Postage, packing and handling is NOT refunded (currently -15% per unit for the UK).

The unit must be returned complete, undamaged and clean (wiped with a soft cloth dampened with white spirit) along with all ORIGINAL paperwork.
    Power upgrades should also be returned with adequate protection, wrapped in paper towel or bubble wrap.

So, if it's not for you, it doesn't cost much to try!!!

If you're ever down this way, I'll be more than happy to let you see for yourself (even though I didn't win your spoiler.... )
    Dave
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
      before other people say anything... I know it ain't a sports car!!! Doesn't hurt to want a bit more go, tho, eh?

Don't you listen to 'em Dave, you keep yer wheels spinnin' and the ladies grinin'!

Comment

If you're ever down this way, I'll be more than happy to let you see for yourself (even though I didn't win your spoiler.... )
        Dave
        Nice one...

One thing I forgot to ask about was the fuel consumption. When I had the Audi chipped the MPG dropped considerably, some of which was caused by my booting it everywhere. I did some tests a few weeks later [driving normally] and MPG was down about 15% or so.

Have you noticed any dramatic change?

Thanks,

Shab.
        Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Nothing that I've noticed, but now I'm running on Veg, I don't brim the tank and run it till the light comes on like I used to.

I used to get about 420-430 kms to a tank, and I think it might be more like the 400-410, but that IS a bit of a guess.

Go on. Go for it.......
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Go on. Go for it.......
            I don't know who's kidding who...I might as well get it over with & write the cheque now...
            Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Shab
                I don't know who's kidding who...I might as well get it over with & write the cheque now...
                i am also interested in one of these to but still only thinking about it
                CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
                  i am also interested in one of these to but still only thinking about it

Just done the dirty deed...ordered one by email.

As Dave said: Go on. Go for it.......
                  Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Well done, Shab!! You won't regret it!!!
                    It just does, OK?

Comment

yeah well i need g**ads the size of melons if i do cause we go on holiday in two weeks and need the money for that so mrs slim will go nuts
                      but wot if i dont tell her he he...........dare i.......

Comment

yeah well i need g**ads the size of melons if i do cause we go on holiday in two weeks and need the money for that so mrs slim will go nuts
                        and if you dont tell her and she finds out you won't have any g++ads to worry about
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

But then again...
                          It just does, OK?

Comment

But then again...
                            yeah but wot do i say wen she says to me on the way down to sunny cornwall " the trucks pulling realy well wot u done to it"

could say i found an extra gear

Comment

yeah but wot do i say wen she says to me on the way down to sunny cornwall " the trucks pulling realy well wot u done to it"

could say i found an extra gear
                              If you're driving down, it would actually enable you to have a longer holiday, as it wouldn't take as long to get there, and Mrs Slim would have more time to go shopping, so she'd be happy!!!
                              It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
                              X