New MOT, Revenue weight 3.0ltr ssrx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MOT, Revenue weight 3.0ltr ssrx

After having my surf for 3 years i have just encountered a conundrum that is the new MOT test. My car has been MOT'd succesfully for 3 years, however this weekend i have been advised that the new MOT test system requires the tester to enter the "revenue weight" of the vehicle before he can proceed with the test. The MOT tester told me that he has spoken to the ministry and they had advised the weight must be entered into the computer system.

My V5 form does not state the weight and i have no documentation that does. I have spoken to Toyota and they were also unable to tell me. MY MOT tester has advised that i go and seek a weighbridge and get a certified weight for my car.

Am i being told a load of porkies? it seems strainge that i should have to provide this info and got to such lengths just to get a new MOT!!

Has enyone else encountered this issue?
    Does anyone know the weight of the 1995 ssrx 3.0lt td?
    Is there any documentation (that i could print) that states the weight of my car? I have trawled the toyota website to no avail.

My father has just had his rover MOT'd and his V5 does not mention the weight nor does his new MOT certificate.

Is my MOT test centre just being extra bureaurocratic should i just go else where, or is this the truth? it seem like madness!!!

Thanks and would appreciate any advise.

hello mate
    had my new style mot on april 23rd 06

DESIGN GROSS WEIGHT (GOODS VEHICLES)
    the tester left this blank...... didn,t even ask me !
    on previous (old type) mot,s ,the weight section is marked N/A....

your tester being a little petty ???

carl......
    gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

Ditto!

Comment

This MOT guy is talking rubbish. I took mine in two Fridays ago and my MOT tester did not require the weight to be entered. The only problem we had was that the Surf Isn't on the DVLA computer system. So, the MOT tester manualy entered the vehicle as a Hilux Surf and that was it, job done. The vehicle only needs to be plated if it is a commercial vehicle.

The only thing I can advise, as I seem to have lost the letter, is to contact the VOSA and tell them what vehicle you have and that the MOT centre is telling you that it needs to be plated, when infact it's a 4X4 utility vehicle. I once had this problem with my Defender at an MOT station when they didn't know what they were talking about. A letter to VOSA soon sorted that out, and they visited the garage in question and gave them a boll*cking. I got a refund as they tested it as a class 7, when infact it's a class 4.

Comment

Also, the Surf is classed as an estate car.

Comment

Originally posted by GARP
            After having my surf for 3 years i have just encountered a conundrum that is the new MOT test. My car has been MOT'd succesfully for 3 years, however this weekend i have been advised that the new MOT test system requires the tester to enter the "revenue weight" of the vehicle before he can proceed with the test. The MOT tester told me that he has spoken to the ministry and they had advised the weight must be entered into the computer system.

My V5 form does not state the weight and i have no documentation that does. I have spoken to Toyota and they were also unable to tell me. MY MOT tester has advised that i go and seek a weighbridge and get a certified weight for my car.

Am i being told a load of porkies? it seems strainge that i should have to provide this info and got to such lengths just to get a

Has enyone else encountered this issue?
            Does anyone know the weight of the 1995 ssrx 3.0lt td?
            Is there any documentation (that i could print) that states the weight of my car? I have trawled the toyota website to no avail.

My father has just had his rover MOT'd and his V5 does not mention the weight nor does his new MOT certificate.

Is my MOT test centre just being extra bureaurocratic should i just go else where, or is this the truth? it seem like madness!!!

Thanks and would appreciate any advise.
            Had mine done last week no weight mentioned.
            Trust your Hound.

Comment

my MOT tester didnt even look at the car!!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Weight

Just had mine MOT'd, and they didn't ask the weight.

But, at the local recycling centre, there is a weighbridge. It comes in at 19xx KG. (Can't remember exactly - but it is just under 2 tons.)

JS

Comment

Cheers guys. I am begining to believe my tester is being a bit jobs worth. Some-one has advised that he was probably just not wanting to do it. - a sat morning when footi is on. However he has just sent me on a wild goose chase trying to find a weighbridge open on a sat. Not possible. Thanks MOT man you have just waisted my entire saturday.

I shall take it else where and hope for the best. it sounds like no-one else is encountering this issue.

Thanks Graham

Comment

He's probably trying to class your truck as a commercial vehicle the same as all the double cab pick-ups.
                    Tell him to look under 4Runner for details, as they are the same vehicle as the Surf.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      my MOT tester didnt even look at the car!!

Isn't that illegal? MOT without inspection? Better keep an eye out for PC Plod mate..
                      Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

Just got mine MOT'ed on fri, he took the weight off the car plate somewhere? I just sai to me "i need the vehicle weight" and trodded off to get it. Came back with it, got me ticket
                        What comes around goes around!!

Comment

just for info......

if you do need a weighbridge, a local quarry/sandyard/stoneyard will have one....
                          i believe anywhere that has a weighbridge, must allow it,s use to the public.
                          any truck drivers verify ???

carl.....
                          gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

does this mean MOT Stations will have to buy some BIG SCALES Then
                            Enjoying Life after Cancer
                            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                              does this mean MOT Stations will have to buy some BIG SCALES Then
                              These big enough ?

Trev
                              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                              X