No announcement yet.

Rear springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lifted mine all round last year. using milners 20% springs + 4Crawlers 2" spacers on the rear and wound up the torsion bars on the front to even it out.
    picture shows before and after...................
    Attached Files
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

hope you don't mind me asking but how much did the spacers cost you including the shipping ? just bought the 20% springs and fancy the spacers too before i fit them
      Bunkle
      Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

tonyn stuck the 2" roughtrax springs on my surf not too long ago and I really like the drive and the look of it now... the downward slope gives it an excellent stance and the springs are plenty strong enough to hold it when loaded or round the bends.
        I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunkle
          hope you don't mind me asking but how much did the spacers cost you including the shipping ? just bought the 20% springs and fancy the spacers too before i fit them
          I don't quite remember - but around £40 sounds about right inc shipping. If you do order them - DONT GET SPECIAL FAST DELIVERY - its not!!!
          The guy makes them to order (well he did mine) and it took him a week to get around to making them - THEN he posted them via fast delivery!
          go for the cheap option - save £10 and still get them the same time!!!
          Oh I don't think anybody has mentioned this - but if you raise the rear - to do it properly you will need to alter the brake sensor load bracket, the brake T peice mounting bracket and alter the panard rod mount to compensate - or your body will sit lop sided. see picture
          I modified my existing panard rod with 24mm stainless threaded bar to make an infinitely adjustable rod without having to fit drop brackets.
          I measured the pitch of the bracket mounts then cut bar in half. i threaded each end of the rod internally for 8" with a 24mm tap. I then joined the two halfs with 24mm stud and locknuts. took a bit of effort but I have now accuratley realigned my rear axle centrally under rear of car.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jaky cakes; 21 June 2006, 22:20.
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
            I don't quite remember - but around £40 sounds about right inc shipping. If you do order them - DONT GET SPECIAL FAST DELIVERY - its not!!!
            The guy makes them to order (well he did mine) and it took him a week to get around to making them - THEN he posted them via fast delivery!
            go for the cheap option - save £10 and still get them the same time!!!
            Oh I don't think anybody has mentioned this - but if you raise the rear - to do it properly you will need to alter the brake sensor load bracket, the brake T peice mounting bracket and alter the panard rod mount to compensate - or your body will sit lop sided. see picture
            I modified my existing panard rod with 24mm stainless threaded bar to make an infinitely adjustable rod without having to fit drop brackets.
            I measured the pitch of the bracket mounts then cut bar in half. i threaded each end of the rod internally for 8" with a 24mm tap. I then joined the two halfs with 24mm stud and locknuts. took a bit of effort but I have now accuratley realigned my rear axle centrally under rear of car.
            Did you have to do this, Bushwacker????
            Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Yes, but not the adjustable panhard rod, I made my own drop bracket.
              Are thinking of lifting your truck? If you are only lifting 2" then all of the above won't apply to you. It's only more than 2" of lift that you need to start modifying other components.

Comment

I need to stiffen the **se end, and a bit of lift would be nice!
                Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Cheapest way would be to get some springs from Milners, about £40+vat and some spring spacers from Danno..http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/.../wip/index.htm

Comment

i have just fitted a pair of milners hd springs and got an inch and a half of lift off them! (and i actually bought them brand new for money instead of my usual scrounge....!!!!)
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      i have just fitted a pair of milners hd springs and got an inch and a half of lift off them! (and i actually bought them brand new for money instead of my usual scrounge....!!!!)
                      Those Milner's springs don't half make a difference, don't they.
                      Seems weird with them actually being shorter than the originals
                      as well. BTW, are you losing your mind! Paying for something, how
                      could you.

Comment

i had to, i couldn't get on here to mooch!
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                        X