Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few newbie questions and experiences

Hi

I just got my 3.0T SSRX (1995) from a Japanese importer and I am really chuffed with it.

I needed to trade in my old Fiat Bravo HGT- Really nice little car but it did not really suit my build and was getting a bit knackered.

I did not expect to buy anything when I went out looking but took the surf for a test drive and was hooked. It was a rare manual import so I went for it. I even got Tyre Chains and a breakdown distress flare (required by law in Japan).

Anyhow I had some real fun this weekend. I took it down a green lane near us : Location

Anyhow about halfway along it started getting real challenging with very deep ruts and ditches to go through. I managed to rip of the retro fitted fog lamp and to bend the exhaust pipe (looks much better now) going through this terrain and scared myself silly. In the end I got to a section that was so challenging I was not prepared to go on- I decided to reverse up and turn around. Any how this had led me to wonder is there anywhere I can get information on the condition of these lanes? The entrance to the lane looked fine.

The other question I have is regarding the tyres- I have not yet checked the pressures but there seems to be differing opinions on what pressures should be used. I have the fat arches on mine and BF Goodrich Challengers fitted. I am not sure of the size and will check later. I think they may be 265's. Also it would be handy to know the best pressures for towing as well.

thanks

Chris

should have no trouble with devils highway... i got stuck in wet mud there once when they had the holes dug in it

try the ridgeway at this time of year... get on north of panbourne and drive over to the A34 at newbury (goes further, but that's a convenient exit)

bucklebury common used to be good but the police get up ther a lot now (looking for doggers!!) and they'll do you for driving off the byway.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
    X