Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bl**dy Monkeys

Hi

Justr taken my 2 nieces round Longleat and the bl**dy Monkeys, that is actual monkeys not my nieces, riped out and stole the windscreen washer jets from my bonet (i think the surf just looked like one big play ground to them). Anyway can anybody suggest where I may be able to get a replacement as Milner do not supply these.

On a completely different note I have just received a new rear section of the exhaust for a 3L TD surf KZN130, the old one had a small air box on it but the new one is just a pipe. Does anyone know why there would be a difference and will it matter ?

Cheers

Brian

You can get replacement washer jets from boy racer shops, or s c r a p yards or even Toyota dealers.
    It won't make much difference to noise levels without the rear box.

Comment

Hi m8

Regarding the washer jets you can get universal ones from Halfords, cost £7.99 a pair and are plain black plastic.

You could try Toyota as I seem to remember that they are again pretty universal across all models of vehicles.

Sorry, have no idea about the exhaust but would have asumend that changing a silencer for a plian pipe would make it a bit more noisy (I don't think it would affect the power etc.). I'm sure someone with a lot more knowledge than me will be along to sort the exhaust question

hope this helps

ta

Hawaii
      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by BI1
        On a completely different note I have just received a new rear section of the exhaust for a 3L TD surf KZN130, the old one had a small air box on it but the new one is just a pipe. Does anyone know why there would be a difference and will it matter ?

Cheers

Brian
        I'm having a new backbox/tailpipe fitted tomorrow. As for the noise, I didn't even notice it had broken [the pipe had come away from the main box so it was just hanging there disconnected] until I went underneath to prepare for my waxoiling. However an ex-mechanic mate said you might lose some power without the backbox on...

Cheers,

Shab.
        Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

I must admit I didn't notice any difference after it had come off, I was 80 miles from home towing a 1.5 ton trailer so just throw the section in the trailer and carried on, didn't seem to lose any power or sound any different. I may be wrong but it did seem to burn even more fuel than normal though.

Comment

It's just a resonator box, nothing to do with back pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              It's just a resonator box, nothing to do with back pressure.

What does that do then?

Apart from resonate...

Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Something to do with sound waves.

Comment

You'll get some nice chavvy washer jets with blue leds from the boy racer shops for next to nowt.
                  Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

£4.99......................... ...........er, so I've heard

Comment

£4.99......................... ...........er, so I've heard
                      Any more blue lights on mine and I'm in trouble.
                      Attached Files
                      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh

Blimey!!!

If you park your truck pointing south west, and Ian 619 parks his pointing north west, it would be very helpful the next time south Wales has a power cut!

Comment

Blimey!!!

If you park your truck pointing south west, and Ian 619 parks his pointing north west, it would be very helpful the next time south Wales has a power cut!
                          Give me a shout when the lights go out Vince!
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by BI1
                            Hi

Justr taken my 2 nieces round Longleat and the bl**dy Monkeys, that is actual monkeys not my nieces, riped out and stole the windscreen washer jets from my bonet (i think the surf just looked like one big play ground to them). Anyway can anybody suggest where I may be able to get a replacement as Milner do not supply these.

Brian
                            did you not try asking for them back very nicely?
                            i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                              I like them lil round spots Paul.. where dja get those? and can i get em in green...

p.s. u around hillsborough?

Stu
                              Last edited by amethyst; 21 June 2006, 08:21.
                              http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Working...
                              X