C B Radio aeriel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C B Radio aeriel

Anyone know where i can get an aeriel for a C B, Tried ebay and maplins, no joy, Ta
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/
    Cheers
    Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
      Anyone know where i can get an aeriel for a C B, Tried ebay and maplins, no joy, Ta
      Try Navada check out this link to where they are..
      http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/map.html
      Do all sorts of CB and radio stuff and just up the road from Portsmouth.
      All best John

Comment

Originally posted by avalon
        Thanks Scotty / John

Comment

or here... http://www.4x4cb.com/
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
            Cheers Charlie, There's some very reasonably priced aeriels on there, Will give em a call, ten four good buddy, hehe

Comment

we down, we gone, er, 10 10(ed, is this right?)
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                we down, we gone, er, 10 10(ed, is this right?)
                ten ten till we do it again, catch ya on the flip, down and out, (knackered)

Comment

Cb

Back in the day the K40 antenna was widely cosidered the best, and the midland rigs were always well built with good sound quality.

I don't know how much things have changed, apart from there doesn't seem to be the variety of illegal ( but better )antenna's available.
                  Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Might be worth having a quick peek in the Yellow Pages. I found
                    a C.B shop about two miles away from me today that I had never
                    noticed before. Doing the exact same thing myself. Went for a
                    good old fashioned Modulator with a mirror mount for the spare
                    wheel carrier. BTW, if you feel behind the bumper just behind the
                    rear wheel arch, there's a little rubber grommet there. I fed the
                    cable behind the plastic cover over the bottom carrier bracket,
                    over the top of the bumper and in through that hole. I didn't fancy
                    removing one of the bolts from the wheel carrier bracket.

Comment

Hi Matt, I'm thinking of fixing the aeriel on the front bars, Have'nt quite decieded yet though, The radio is mounted in a roof console i'm makeing so the aeriel probably would be best on the roof but i would'nt be able to get the truck in the garage without takeing it off and i'll soon get fed up with that
                      or forget and get it jammed, Is it leagal on the front? Got an underslung
                      spare so the backs out as it would get in the way of the garage door and me,
                      Probably go with Chillitt's link as their aeriels are cheaper than the others even including post, I know nowt about this stuff techinacally! the thunderpole looks good though, Ian

Comment

Actually, you might be surprised at the prices if you have
                        a local dealer. Mine worked out cheaper than ordering. A
                        couple of quid more for the aerial, but the cable and mirror
                        mount were cheaper, and no postage.

Didn't put mine on the front, because with the length and
                        bendiness of those things, thought it might be a tad distracting.

Comment

www.truckstuff.co.uk

M5 communications is good (knows his stuff) but that's in exeter
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Hi Matt, I'm thinking of fixing the aeriel on the front bars, Have'nt quite decieded yet though, The radio is mounted in a roof console i'm makeing so the aeriel probably would be best on the roof but i would'nt be able to get the truck in the garage without takeing it off and i'll soon get fed up with that
                            or forget and get it jammed, Is it leagal on the front? Got an underslung
                            spare so the backs out as it would get in the way of the garage door and me,
                            Probably go with Chillitt's link as their aeriels are cheaper than the others even including post, I know nowt about this stuff techinacally! the thunderpole looks good though, Ian

The best place for the aeriel is bang in the middle of the roof.

If you put it on the front then most of your signal ( transmit and recieve)will go out behind you due to the shape of your "ground plane" ( your truck) alternatively if you mount the aeriel on the rear, then most of your signal will go out the front, the same will apply to left and right mounted twigs.

You also need to consider the tuning of the twig ie SWR, this is important because if you get it wrong you can damage the radio.

As with most things, you get what you pay for and if you want to be able to transmit more than a mile or two then its all down to the antenna and the ammount of power you put through it.

Do some research and ask for advice of people who aleady have them, most of the standard antenna's probably arn't much use.
                            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I use a home made quarter wave. Just 8'6" long.
                              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X