Parking Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
    Heres a pic of my rear parking sensor, couldn,t find a decent picture of the front one.....but some folk call them a-bars.
    Never scratched my motor yet ,trying to park ,funny but people are so polite ,they always leave me loads of room to get back out !
    a bit late m8 we had that one already!!! Doh
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by popbriscoe
      a bit late m8 we had that one already!!! Doh

Durr!! feel a bit silly now .....missed a page out
      Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
        Durr!! feel a bit silly now .....missed a page out
        its ok m8.
        surprised no one has said wind back window down and shout GET OUT THE WAY.
        did it once old person just would not move, did not hear the stupid beeps so i thought LOUD VOICEOVER WAS NEEDED.

CARRY ON
        Pops

Comment

Poor Old Person.

Originally posted by popbriscoe
          its ok m8.
          surprised no one has said wind back window down and shout GET OUT THE WAY.
          did it once old person just would not move, did not hear the stupid beeps so i thought LOUD VOICEOVER WAS NEEDED.

CARRY ON
          Pops

either you or me is missing something here mate. The bleeping in My Surf you can only hear in the Surf. You got a SSR G . Is this also an extra on this model? If not the civilian population in your area are at great risk. Ive wanted an external bleeper for ages and i'm interested in putting one on.

Geoff.

Ps: dose the witch have one on her broom.
          Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
            Just glue on large pieces of rubber and reverse until you feel a bump then you know you are far enough back.
            Just another hint from watching blue Peter, cardboard tubes and sticky back plastic, you still can't beat sound advice.

Nigel does not need parking sensors he needs the Sumo Suit especially when going to jobs around mums eh nigel! watch out for that fence
            Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
              Nigel does not need parking sensors he needs the Sumo Suit especially when going to jobs around mums eh nigel! watch out for that fence

Sure do, fence now fully repaired, see how long it lasts.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

I came across those parking sensors in a auto parts place over here. I thought I might fit them to the wifes car as a suprise b'day present!!!
                And yes, she IS blonde!!!
                Life is not a dress rehearsal
                1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed
                (Auto's are for the indecisive!!)

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
                  Pops

either you or me is missing something here mate. The bleeping in My Surf you can only hear in the Surf. You got a SSR G . Is this also an extra on this model? If not the civilian population in your area are at great risk. Ive wanted an external bleeper for ages and i'm interested in putting one on.

Geoff.

Ps: dose the witch have one on her broom.
                  had a thought geoff.
                  fit one of them old codgers ear trumpets to poke out the back of the surf,to amplify the BEEP, and maybe take some of the incar beep away.
                  and no the witch not got one on the Broom.
                  there again m8 she dont need one, one stare from her m8 and you will move out the way.
                  Pops

Comment

Got them on the car, the are ****** marvellous!

I tried Koi's parking method, cost me £230 in repairs to the front of a Pug - wheel shape in bonnet, towbar through number plate!

Maybe I should invest...............
                    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

these guys are helpfull !http://www.parking-sensor.co.uk/

Comment

bought a color cctv min-camera and a pair of 2.4ghz transmitters to connect the cmaera to the sony tv in the front (NTSC capatible camera....come on!!!!). All runs off 6-12v dc. Transmitter has a range upto 300m in-doors!!! cctv down to 3 lux....have to re-fit that reversing light that got mashed at the pit last year!!

Sounds like over kill ? Well not when you hitch a 24ft caravan to the back of the surf making a road-train nearly 50ft long!!!

Also work in my babies bedroom (10 month old baby !!! not wife etc!!) to watch for her climbing antics when she is supposed to be sleeping.

Anyway toatl cost £15 for cctv, £19.99 for transmitter.....unfortunately £22 p&p as transmitter comes from HongKong!!! Didn't say that on the ebay page I looked at first said location UK...naughty naughty!!!

Defintely needed though as wife decided to flatten lamp post last year.....surf 1 - lampost 0!!!
                        Mart

......surf's up pal!

Comment

Argos do them, not sure what they are like ?

Item Number - 740/0490
                          £29.99
                          Easy to fit back-up/reverse parking sensor detects objects or people up to 1.5m behind your vechicle.

Includes 2 sensors, all necessary mounting hardware/accessories and instruction manual.

Simple 2 wire connection that is activated automatically when reverse gear is selected.

Multi-tone audio alert and LED distance display.

Hi-tech ultrosonic technology to alert the driver to objects behind the vechicle that may otherwise remain unseen.

Size (L)120, (W)145, (H)35mm

Conker
                          Attached Thumbnails

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          If your after some cheepys Makro have them in for £15+ VAT, but myself i would not touch them but thats only becuse i fit them, but as i say if your only after a stop gap there not that bad.

But have a look of this, www.tees-valley-autos.ecs2.co.uk

Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X