Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're gettin a hound!!!!

Well happy!!!

Got confirmation that the wife to be (seven weeks today!) has got her first permenant teaching post begining in september. the best bit is, this was the final part of the criteria we had to fulfill before we could get a dog. SO when we return from honeymoon at the end of August we will be picking up and 8 week old Great Dane Puppy!!!!!!

Well good!!!!

Just thought i'd share my happiness,

Mart
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

I would love a couple of great Danes, especially after seeing them at Crufts last year, awesome dogs!
    Congrats to your other half.

(Just in case our Dobermans are reading this, mummy and daddy luvs you both too!)

Comment

lucky you got a surf !!!lol you aint gonna be getting em all in your kit car or wifeys car lol looks like your gonna have to get another surf for the missus ;
      congrats to your better half
      nice choice of dog
      got three dogs myself ,thai-ridgeback about 2 , bulldog 9 months , and lab whos about 9 always had estates till i discovered surf
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
        Well happy!!!

Got confirmation that the wife to be (seven weeks today!) has got her first permenant teaching post begining in september. the best bit is, this was the final part of the criteria we had to fulfill before we could get a dog. SO when we return from honeymoon at the end of August we will be picking up and 8 week old Great Dane Puppy!!!!!!

Well good!!!!

Just thought i'd share my happiness,

Mart
        Sorted all round - though you will probably need the other half's wages just to feed 'the horse'
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

To be honest,

One of the main reasons behind me selling my Nissan Skyline and buying the surf back in November was because i wanted a Dane, so had to make space!!

I've been doin my research for the last 6 months, and know loads about them!! once he's fully grown up he should only cost about £1 per day to feed beleive it or not!

What with the insurance etc he shouldn't cost more than £45 per month to keep, well i've cancelled my £25 gym memebership i don't use cos i'll be having lots of walks instead.

can't $$$$$$ wait!!

I'll show you pics, but gonna have to wait til the little fella is actually bron of course!

Cheers,

Mart
          Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

New baby will be going for rides then? Should by a pony for that though

congrats
            Gaz

Comment

What with the insurance etc he shouldn't cost more than £45 per month to keep, well i've cancelled my £25 gym memebership i don't use cos i'll be having lots of walks instead.
              Wonder how long before it stops being YOU taking HIM for a walk, and it becomes HIM taking YOU for a walk

Trev
              Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 17 June 2006, 17:01.
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hounds

Whats up with an Irish Wolfhound. I have had Wolfhounds for over 30 years now and still think there the best, but i'm possibly prejudiced.
                Large dogs need the best quality food for first 12 months, as their bones grow so fast, but after that, i feed mine Value Mix or similar, mixed with 1/3 large tin of Asda's finest or some tripe.
                Beauty of large dogs is that when young, you do not want to over exercise them and when older, they become plain lazy, its only the years in the middle, long walks are needed.
                One other point to remember, many dogs can not take a change of diet, which will give them the runs, so when you find what the dog likes, stick to that, even though you maybe want to give him something better.
                DOGS MAKE GREAT HUMAN BEINGS
                Good luck Philip
                Still Searching,
                Dick Whittington

Comment

get a cocker spaniel, there cool
                  Attached Files

Comment

cooler still !!!

Comment

I seen your post on edrd Joker, well smart ridgebacks.

As for diet, each to there own. There are numerous debates about it, but the best and most proven diet IMO is here
                      http://www.moochershunting.com/forum...showtopic=6743
                      What comes around goes around!!

Comment

How's this for a trick?
                        We can balance one of our dogs on the other one's nose!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice looking dogs vince allways liked the dobes

Comment

To be honest,

One of the main reasons behind me selling my Nissan Skyline and buying the surf back in November was because i wanted a Dane, so had to make space!!

I've been doin my research for the last 6 months, and know loads about them!! once he's fully grown up he should only cost about £1 per day to feed beleive it or not!

can't $$$$$$ wait!!

I'll show you pics, but gonna have to wait til the little fella is actually bron of course!

Cheers,

Mart
                            Hi I have kept bloodhounds for about 20 years now and get my own food baked each month complete dried food that is. I can safely say I could supply you food at much less than you quote. ie. 15 kg dried complete food £12.50
                            this is for chicken and rice (gluten free) and the same for lamb and rice. although not gluten free. All the best for your new members of the family.
                            Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                              get a cocker spaniel, there cool
                              yeah but not enough meat on one of them to feed a Dane!
                              I'll get me coat
                              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X