Heading South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading South

Off to Spain tomorrow via channel tunnel. Route A1 A14 M11 M25 M20. Blue 2nd Gen with silver top box and towing twin axle caravan. TOOT and give us a WAVE.
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]ONLY STUPID PEOPLE THINK

Will be around Folkestone & Dover tomorrow mid AM, so if I see you I'll toot!

I got relatives in Worksop, My Dad was from there, haven't been there for years.

Went into the crags when I was a kid ,I think they are all closed off now.
    Last edited by plumb bob; 16 June 2006, 17:04.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by midalex
      Off to Spain tomorrow via channel tunnel. Route A1 A14 M11 M25 M20. Blue 2nd Gen with silver top box and towing twin axle caravan. TOOT and give us a WAVE.

Did you say caravan? Don't you really mean it's actually a diesel tanker in disguise? Did you remortgage the house or summit? Or have you nicked Phillips £1,000,000 win?
      Mind you, would have been cheaper on fuel if youd taken a RED 2nd gen!!
      Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        Will be around Folkestone & Dover tomorrow mid AM, so if I see you I'll toot!

I got relatives in Worksop, My Dad was from there, haven't been there for years.

Went into the crags when I was a kid ,I think they are all closed off now.
        You can still go round the crags with a guide, but no playing cowboys & indians like we did. It's the same with robin hoods tree, we used to have a den in there. Now it's all visitor centre and fences.
        [COLOR=DarkOrange]ONLY STUPID PEOPLE THINK

Comment

Yeah, I remember the Major Oak, I used to play inside it when I was a kid, it seemed huge.

Revisited many years later and as you say all fenced off, and telegraph poles holding the branches up.

I guess the craggs were really pretty dangerous for kids but nobody used to worry about it years ago, you just did it, and went home all muddy and scuffed!

Ahh the good old days before all the do-gooders closed everything down, or is it berfore the idiots ruined it for everybody?
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

just got back from chester-le-street... didn't see ya!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
            X