Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Mounted Dip Switch

Hi all,
    I want to fit a floor mounted dip switch, let me rephrase that, I have fitted a floor mounted dip switch, I removed the foot rest, drilled it and bolted the dip switch to it, fitted the foot reast back in the surf.
    Now I need to know what colour the wires are on the sterring wheel mounted dip switch so I can splice into them.

Does anybody out there have any idea what I trying to do and can advise me.

If your asking yourselves why ? well theres the easy answer, I have a paralysed right arm, and a floor mounted dip switch is the answer to avoid driving on low beam all the time.

Many thanks for your help, advice and assistance in advance.

Chris

Try this m8... it may be of help....

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...ingDiagram.pdf

its a bit busy.....

Stu
    http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Originally posted by zedster
      Hi all,
      I want to fit a floor mounted dip switch, let me rephrase that, I have fitted a floor mounted dip switch, I removed the foot rest, drilled it and bolted the dip switch to it, fitted the foot reast back in the surf.
      Now I need to know what colour the wires are on the sterring wheel mounted dip switch so I can splice into them.

Does anybody out there have any idea what I trying to do and can advise me.

If your asking yourselves why ? well theres the easy answer, I have a paralysed right arm, and a floor mounted dip switch is the answer to avoid driving on low beam all the time.

Many thanks for your help, advice and assistance in advance.

Chris
      My LEFT arm is not that good so we could make a pair. Mind you a floor dip switch would be no use because the left LEG is pretty useless too. Makes getting in the surf interesting. Exiting is no problem, I just fall out.
      Best o0f luck with the Mod
      Mick
      [COLOR=DarkOrange]ONLY STUPID PEOPLE THINK

Comment

Many thanks for your help, have tried splicing into the wires coming out of the steering column switch, but it doesnt work 100%, when using the stalk switch the high beam comes on and the low beam fillament switches off, by splicing into the wires, and using the floor mounted switch, the low beam works fine, but when high beam is switched on low beam remains on and the lights appear dimmer than when soley using the stalk switch.
        much head scratching, and have given up on that idea for tonight.

Comment

You might need to actually cut the stalk switch out of the circuit to make it work. Suggestion is to cut each wire and then fit blade or round connectors to each wire, colour coding each if the wire colours aren't that clear, then connect your new switch to the wires coming from the lights, etc. That way, if your new switch doesn't work or, if it does but you then want to sell on the Surf to someone who would rather use the stalk switch, you can cut the foot switch out of the circuit and reconnect the old wires together.
          Mike G

Comment

Thanks Tallyman and Amethyst, have come up with another idea, use the floor mounted dip switch to turn on and off a pair of spot lights, I can then drive as usual on dipped beam, and when needed at the push of a foot turn turn on/off my spots, all I need now are some Cibie Super Oscars.

Comment

Originally posted by zedster
              Thanks Tallyman and Amethyst, have come up with another idea, use the floor mounted dip switch to turn on and off a pair of spot lights, I can then drive as usual on dipped beam, and when needed at the push of a foot turn turn on/off my spots, all I need now are some Cibie Super Oscars.
              No problem m8... give us some pics when you doing it and how! i love gadgets me!

hehehe
              http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Working...
              X