Altimeter, compass etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altimeter, compass etc

Hi Guys, have just managed to get my hands on an original toyota instrument cluster its the one that goes on top of the dash with the inclinemeter and compass etc, searched forums but cant find anything on how to fit it..can anyone help me out please. Its for a 93 2.4
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Originally posted by TRUCKMAN
    Hi Guys, have just managed to get my hands on an original toyota instrument cluster its the one that goes on top of the dash with the inclinemeter and compass etc, searched forums but cant find anything on how to fit it..can anyone help me out please. Its for a 93 2.4
    Hi mate, Just got one my self, There was some discusson on these on electricle a while back, Their supposed to be screwed on from under the dash but its possible (i believe) to remove the dials and fix it from the top, Then its just running the wireing to your panel lights, I was gonna put mine in an overhead console but im haveing second thoughs now as i thought it was out of a left hooker but its for a right hand drive so will fit, Only prob is its RED so i will have to change that to grey, How much was yours if you dont mind me asking? Paid £41 for mine from New Zealand which i thought was reasonable,
    Been after one for ages and always got outbid for silly money, Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
      Hi mate, Just got one my self, There was some discusson on these on electricle a while back, Their supposed to be screwed on from under the dash but its possible (i believe) to remove the dials and fix it from the top, Then its just running the wireing to your panel lights, I was gonna put mine in an overhead console but im haveing second thoughs now as i thought it was out of a left hooker but its for a right hand drive so will fit, Only prob is its RED so i will have to change that to grey, How much was yours if you dont mind me asking? Paid £41 for mine from New Zealand which i thought was reasonable,
      Been after one for ages and always got outbid for silly money, Ian
      Hi mate that helps me out will do a search on there, really lucky with mine got it off ebay for 62.00 and its the same colour so a result all round!!

Comment

if you search the forum there will be a post by me...somewhere...

Just drill 3 holes, drop it down ,tighten nuts and wires to back lighting circiut..easy
        3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by TRUCKMAN
          Hi mate that helps me out will do a search on there, really lucky with mine got it off ebay for 62.00 and its the same colour so a result all round!!
          Not a bad price at all, I assume yours if grey! Seen em go for 80 quid or more
          before now, There's loads of aftermarket ones about but they look sort of cheap, Got one from Hong Kong (ebay) for 1p + £7 post once, what a peice
          of cr@p, It's on my grandsons bick now,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
            Not a bad price at all, I assume yours if grey! Seen em go for 80 quid or more
            before now, There's loads of aftermarket ones about but they look sort of cheap, Got one from Hong Kong (ebay) for 1p + £7 post once, what a peice
            of cr@p, It's on my grandsons bick now,
            Well chuffed at that price and the right colour, wanted an original as seen some of those aftermarket ones and your grandson would have another one if i had sprung for one of those!

Comment

instrument

I'v just bought one on fleabay, let me know how your installation goes, I'm worried about butchering the dashboard.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
              X