Rear Speaker Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Speaker Install

see attached! still got to wire them up (tomorrow...) but they fit nicely. Couple of infinity 6x9's with inbilt tweeters so should sound good.

Had to cut off the ends of the metal plate beneath the door card and also do a bit of jiggery pokery to get the screws in (drilled holes in the metal chassis) but they fit in nicely, and the window still works no problems. Wiring them in tomorrow should be fun! I intend to use the wiring loom for the rear electrics, or at least come through the same hose.b
    Attached Files
    I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Originally posted by mooter
    see attached! still got to wire them up (tomorrow...) but they fit nicely. Couple of infinity 6x9's with inbilt tweeters so should sound good.

Had to cut off the ends of the metal plate beneath the door card and also do a bit of jiggery pokery to get the screws in (drilled holes in the metal chassis) but they fit in nicely, and the window still works no problems. Wiring them in tomorrow should be fun! I intend to use the wiring loom for the rear electrics, or at least come through the same hose.b
    Just mind you dont kneel on em when you climb in and out
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

nice tidy install,thinking of doin' the same with some kenwood 6x9's,but was also contemplating on adding a sub and putting amp in either of the cubby holes,as for my rear window it needs elbow grease to get goin'!!i take it you aint watched the footy today,you look as though you have half a diy shop in the back of your truck!
      Last edited by bigriver; 10 June 2006, 20:27.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
        Just mind you dont kneel on em when you climb in and out
        it looks cool, but i know i'd end up doing something like putting a jack or something on one or both of them, such is my idiocy!

nice job, i love the way everyone here is just willing to cut and go with the mods, its given me the confidence to do the same and refer back here when i cock it up!
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

hey logey79 is that not the gen.1 surf that was on ebay only days ago,i remember the ad saying something like the photos made it look nicer than it actually was,still looks like a nice gen. 1 tho! obviously you did not sell?? or am i on another planet

Comment

yeah it was, i'd got so annoyed with the turbo situation i just wanted rid, it only got to about £670 and i'd have let it go too but got messed about by the winning bidder, which i'm now glad about as i've had a big rethink and hopefully this turbo will finally get on there and work, if not i'll get the old one reconditioned.

it still looks good, but i always undersell my cars on ebay, that way you don't get any "it aint as good as you said it was" nonsense from any buyers. i've sold 2 capris, a vauxhall brava pick up, a yamaha scrambler, a rover vitesse sports turbo on there all with no problem, but looking back now, i'm so glad this sale fell through.

got to get my tantrums under control!!! i left a trailer near wales in feb last year coz it got a puncher and i was having a bad day, i'd had it a week and paid £600 for it!!! hehehe smarties and prams etc etc!!! all i had to do was take the front wheels off and take it home on the backs alone!

i got deservedly ribbed for a long time by my brothers for that one!

Comment

alot of messers on ebay,however,its where i got my surf from,part ex'ing a rav4 in the process,but im more than happy with the surf,i do my my own servicing and plan to keep it for quite a while,looking to run it on a mixture of veggie oil soon as i've read up on so many reports on the hilux forum,seems to do them no harm,but what will i do with all those plastic bottles?

Comment

keep 'em under the bed, saves walking to the bog and breaking toes in the dark....oooohhh 'orrid!!!

Comment

Keep on the green theme - recycle them

Remember you should not be using veg until customs have you "entered" otherwise if you are stopped you could be in the manure.

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                    Keep on the green theme - recycle them

Remember you should not be using veg until customs have you "entered" otherwise if you are stopped you could be in the manure.

Trev
                    Yeah Trev i stopped putting veg in for that reason, I only ever shoved the odd 3lt of oil in but it would be enough to get me done if i was stopped, I dont do a lot of mileage so its not really worth the messing about registering,
                    It really annoys me the way the government has to rip every penny they can out of ya, It should be my choice what i do with a bottle of rapeseed oil after
                    all i already paid tax on it at the shop, If i choose to stick it in the truck as opposed to the chip pan what the f**ks it to them,
                    I cant believe you left a trailer cos it had a punture logey!!! If you see a grey surf following you about "it's me"
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

i've given 2 cars to my little bro for silly reasons...trust me when the smarties leave the pram they go space bound like a beckham penalty!

Comment

....and back on topic for a sec...

they sound excellent! lots of bass and an overall good clear sound. took me an hour and a bit to wire them in... I had to run new wiring from front to back because my surf never even came with speakers in the rear. managed it well though and it's all tucked away nicely.

Now to go and annoy the neighbours a little
                        I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Working...
                        X