1st match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveD
    I'm at work.....theres a pub across the road and they've been singing since around 10. Even tho I'm a sweaty sock , hope they do well.

I say, that's jolly sporting of you old boy. At least we can count on support from our North of the border friends. Wish it was the same for the Welsh. I've been there a lot in the last month and they are all supporting Brazil. Something to do with a celtic cross or something......

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
      All I have to say is:

THE REFEREE'S A YANKER
      and if he's reknowned in mexico for being such a controversial referee, why the hell have fifa appointed him to ref the most important games in the world!!!

poxy execs everywhere that know jack about the base level of any of their respective industries. all fifa, uefa, fa top execs and board members should be either former players, refs or qualified coaching staff.
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

its fine to say yes we got 3 points its ok, but the way we played was garbage no entertainment except 2 shots from frank. without the own goal it would of been 0-0 , why they play those formations to save grace and cling on to a 1 - 0 lead is beyond me. germanys game was filled with flair and chances and some good goals - come on england we expect better.

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
          its fine to say yes we got 3 points its ok, but the way we played was garbage no entertainment except 2 shots from frank. without the own goal it would of been 0-0 , why they play those formations to save grace and cling on to a 1 - 0 lead is beyond me. germanys game was filled with flair and chances and some good goals - come on england we expect better.
          its exactly how linx, hanson, shearer and wrighty called it.

sven spent too much time mastering the italian art of 'a little ambition for five minutes is all we need'

italian football is shat and so is ericssons tactical awareness during a game. he has excellent preperational qualities but nothing in the way of counter tactical play. today was further proof, an excellent start and closing down all over the park. fine. but then paraguays boss gets them playing very high driving us back and sven is stumped, if it doesn't go his pre-planned way then he has no idea how to adapt during the game. if we had time out calls we'd still need 10 in every second half to decide how to play, and maclaren seemingly is the same, so if our very talented players are to do the job, then it will be entirely down to the on field leadership qualities of gerrard, J.T, and beckham.

Comment

Well blow me down with a feather - we will be leading our group.

Trinidad & Tobago played their socks off !!!!

HOW did they survive the 2nd half with a man down ????

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

was so dull i'm looking forward to a grand prix for first time in ages, i won't be watching any more england games during this tournament, trinidad doo dah were far more entertaining, made me laugh when i heard their entire population was 1 million, thats about a months salary for one of our boys isn't it?, their not woth a fiver
              Bunkle
              Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                Well blow me down with a feather - we will be leading our group.

Trinidad & Tobago played their socks off !!!!

HOW did they survive the 2nd half with a man down ????

Trev
                because they did man
                Touch Me
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

every championship has its write offs that shock and do well. these pundits need reminding that they get to the world cup by qualifying to do so, not a raffle draw, but because at some stage they've shown a bit of passion to get to the big stage, i love it when the underdogs do well, like the greeks in euro 2004.

trinidad and tobago may well get to the last 16 based on that performance, and they certainly showed us up while doing us a big favour today.

dwight yorke's no stranger to overcoming big obstacles to reach his target, if you know what i mean...

Comment

the name jordan springs to mind

Comment

he he, jordan aren't in the world cup, but a few of the world cup players have been in....

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                        gotta take the boss to town she made a CAKE for a friend so football better be on at there house or Legion just down the road or KAISER CHIEFS
                        I PREDICT A RIOT
                        You were correct about the riot!!!!
                        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...de/5067904.stm

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                          You were correct about the riot!!!!
                          http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...de/5067904.stm

Pete
                          Form an orderly queue here for Pop's Lottery predictions !

Trev
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Missed the 'BIG' game cant stand any of the commentators commentary.
                            never mind Trinny and Suzanne bring on Trinny and Tobago.
                            Argentina are starting to simmer and thats without simmerone.

Comment

Working...
                            X