Pingewood 28/12/2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pingewood 28/12/2003

Many, many thanks to all that turned up at Pingewood for our xmas meeting. Judging by the smiles on everyones faces they all had a laugh, and looking through the posts, quite a few missed out on a very muddy day!
    To answer a few questions i spotted on this thread, we use Pingewood every other month as its our local site. This site can be booked via the sites main users Berkshire 4x4 (Contact Jeremy Smith on 01189540278)
    We know this is a small site and when dry is not much of a challenge, but its easy to marshall and the only site we allow 14 yr olds and upwards to drive under supervision.
    We use several larger sites, but the possibly the best site we use is Avon Dassett Quarry on the Warwickshire/Oxfordshire border. Its a good trek but to say its worth the trip is a massive understatement! Awesome 100 foot climbs and permanent water on site, ravines, steps, everything. We always turn up on the saturday lunchtime, play then party, then the following morning we have a full days playtime.
    Our aim as a club is not to hold competitive events just playdays at really good sites in the Thames Valley Region. Since our start in July 2003 we now have 71 members and growing every month.
    As long as we see people leaving with big smiles, we know we are doing our jobs right
    I hope to see you again soon
    Russ Brown-Lee (Chairman Thames Valley 4x4 Club)
    No rough too tough, we drive at five. Or something like that!!! Hehehe

Hi Russ

Hi Russ

I joined the club and will certianly be back for more. I was driving so much didnt have time to photograph very much. Thanks to all involved at your end great site.

Geoff.
    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Hi Russ!!

It was a shame I couldn't make Pingewood after posting on here to invite evryone to it!!!! Hopefully next time tho...

Linda
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
        Hi Russ!!

It was a shame I couldn't make Pingewood after posting on here to invite evryone to it!!!! Hopefully next time tho...

Linda
        Me too linda NEXT TIME
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

You guys missed a great day out . I was the usual passenger of Jotto but did ponse a ride with Paul in his double 'bobbed' Range Rover.
          Hope to get the Suzzi built soon and me and Jotto can give it a run round .
          Rick , Jottos mate
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

No Probs!

It was a laugh watching the surfs at play. I broke a rear leaf on my zook trialler before lunch so i manned the rad wash for most of the afternoon.
            Someone tell me why surf owners with a free jetwash onsite, wash the lights and wheels and number plates but completely forget to do the important stuff like rads???
            Got through 120 gallons of water and 3 gallons of petrol with that wash so it was pretty busy!
            Glad to say that the surfs impressed a lot of people there and might end up on a couple of peoples christmas list!
            Hope to get to meet you next time,
            Russ
            No rough too tough, we drive at five. Or something like that!!! Hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Russ
              It was a laugh watching the surfs at play. I broke a rear leaf on my zook trialler before lunch so i manned the rad wash for most of the afternoon.
              Someone tell me why surf owners with a free jetwash onsite, wash the lights and wheels and number plates but completely forget to do the important stuff like rads???
              Got through 120 gallons of water and 3 gallons of petrol with that wash so it was pretty busy!
              Glad to say that the surfs impressed a lot of people there and might end up on a couple of peoples christmas list!
              Hope to get to meet you next time,
              Russ
              Its because they vain, don't mind getting it dirty but like to look good on the way home
              Nice to see they impressed a few people, they are very capable vehicles and largely under estimated for their off road and road capabilities.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Jet wash

Hi Russ

I ended up with a bit of rad trouble. I had to take the rad shroud and the fan out to get to my rad properly. I think that it was a build up of crap from the last three meets we had. As for blasting our Surfs off well. eg:
                if a passer by saw a Surf and AA van on the side of the road they think
                " Thats nice of that Surf to help that AA van"

All the best
                Geoff.

Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Working...
                X