My new front speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new front speakers

see attached! the crossover is in the pocket. sounds much better now... it'll sound even better when I get round to the rear speaker install!
    Attached Files
    I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Originally posted by mooter
    see attached! the crossover is in the pocket. sounds much better now... it'll sound even better when I get round to the rear speaker install!
    looking kinda nice... i am in need of some to fit into the speaker slots already there any ideas what to get for them?

Stu
    http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
      looking kinda nice... i am in need of some to fit into the speaker slots already there any ideas what to get for them?

Stu
      i had to hack at my door cards to do that... if you wanted to drop some into the dash mount panels then you'd be limited to 10cm's. i wanted more than that, along with some bass (which the door cavity provides) so I went for the door cards. mine are 6.5" woofers.
      I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Stu
        2nd Gen's are 4" holes... they have a rather natty vented enclosure around them, so some crossed over 4" co-axials would work rather nice.

All depends what you want to achieve.

What sort of sound are you after...?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
          2nd Gen's are 4" holes... they have a rather natty vented enclosure around them, so some crossed over 4" co-axials would work rather nice.

All depends what you want to achieve.

What sort of sound are you after...?
          basically the sound i get in the surf is really nice with the sony system i put in... but one of the front speakers has blown so needs a replacement... poo....

so thought i would ask to see if someone has knowledge of them on here... size etc... will prob replace both front and keepa spare//

Stu

Comment

what are the speakers mounted to?
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              what are the speakers mounted to?
              the hole behind the dash....lower dash driver right leg or pass left leg

Comment

the hole behind the dash....lower dash driver right leg or pass left leg
                sorry, meant the ones in the door cards.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  sorry, meant the ones in the door cards.
                  okey dokey

Comment

Just put one of my new (old) front door speakers on, Made the pods before i found out what was behind the card, so they stick out a bit, Have'nt got a pic yet but these are the back ones (they stick out a bit too) Not happy withe the sound as i just connected em to the old speaker wires and these
                    have a amp thing on each one so perhaps it that, Dont know how to bypass
                    em cos i know diddley about ICE, The speakers used to be in my sons rover
                    220 and sounded good in that.
                    Attached Files
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ian,

if you take the original box's out, there is a circuit board in there.. You can trace which is power, which is earth and which is signal.

Remove power, and make safe. Bypass internal amp and direct onto the speakers... its not a complicated system.

Comment

Originally posted by mooter
                        i had to hack at my door cards to do that... if you wanted to drop some into the dash mount panels then you'd be limited to 10cm's. i wanted more than that, along with some bass (which the door cavity provides) so I went for the door cards. mine are 6.5" woofers.
                        I've got a Boston Accoustics 6.5" component set on each front door in large custom pods (I moved the door pockets to the back of the doors to make room) and the tweeters mounted at the back of the original speaker housings in the dash pointing upwards towards the driver/passenger. Wasn't sure if it would work as ideally they should be higher, but it does sound really good. I've also put component sets in the rear in custom MDF boards in the orginal locations (and plenty of dynomat!). When it's turned up, people are generally looking at the closest boy racer car as the source and seem suprised when it turns out to be the truck towing the trailer or with a roofrack full of wood!!!
                        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Ian,

if you take the original box's out, there is a circuit board in there.. You can trace which is power, which is earth and which is signal.

Remove power, and make safe. Bypass internal amp and direct onto the speakers... its not a complicated system.
                          Cheers Andy, I'll have a go, should be able to get em out without removeing the trim as i cut the holes larger,
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I have also heard a couple of Surfs with Kicker Competition 4" co-axials in the original locations... just those with a fair bit of welly behind them sounded pretty good...

Comment

I have also heard a couple of Surfs with Kicker Competition 4" co-axials in the original locations... just those with a fair bit of welly behind them sounded pretty good...
                              so the original speakers in the surf dash mounting are 4" coaxials? i ask this cos i really have no idea and need to replace em.... if someone could confirm this i can make steps in getting a new pair, and get away from that annoying buzzin when the bass kicks in.....

Stu

Comment

Working...
                              X