Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stag World!!

Hi guys,

Just got back last night from my stag weekend, and thought i'd share how amazin it was!!

I'm no the kind of guy who likes to go to amsterdam or somewhere and get drunk for 3 days, much rather enjoy the outdoors.

So i booked 10 of into the "luxury camping barn" at Rookin house farm in the lake district. The barn used to be a cafe, so had a commercial kitchen which was ideal, aswell as 2 bogs, 2 showers and sofa's etc. aswell as loads of floor space to bed down on.

Got there Friday afternoon and played football on a paddock while startin the drinking. Then at half eight, decided to climb a big hill infront of us, 2 hours later we got 3/4 way up and counldn't go on, three of the other guys made it though.

On saturday we did a 1 hour quad bike trek, had a go in an 8 wheel drive argo cat, and felt very sick strapped into a metal ball and rolled at some barrels in the human ten pin bowling. Then did the indoor offroad go-karts (which was in the barfn where the 50 horses slept, so slidin opn sh!t everywhere) I won both heats and the final, not bad as i'm nearly 18 stone, and the others are loads lighter than me. Then had lunch, before throwing ourselves round a krypton factor-esque assault course, being screemed at by and ex-sas looney!! Finished the day with an hours archery in which i came third.

The went back to the paddock for a game of cricket and a good few more ales, finished the day with a marathon game of poker.

Woke up on sunday with many aches, pains and bruises, packed the cars and went to Keswick (10 min drive) for the Ghyll scramble. Thank God i had my own wetsuit!! that really sobered us up, sliding on our butts down rocky waterfalls, and squeezing through underwater holes in rocks. One of the lads got to the top of a hard climb and fell 25ft down again, bouncing between the rocks and landing on my brothers shoulder. Amazingly they were ok bar a few bumps and bruises.

I was well impressed with everyone, as my dad (56) was there and did everything, most of them better than us! My uncle (53) was great considering he has a bad fear of heights, he still did everything, and my fiancees dad got involved with everything too, including the ghyll scramble which was good considering he can't swim!!

The cost of all this? Well we brought all our own beer and food, didn't spend a thing once we got there, so that was cheap. For all the events and 2 nights accomodation, it came to £105 each!!

We wanna go back next year now, highly recommended!

I'm just resting my aching muscles now, and counting bruises.

just thought i'd share,

Mart
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

sounds great mate!!!

think i could do with a weekend away....
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

get 10 of you going, and its a bargain!! accomdation is absically camping without a tent, but its got central heating, good showers, and the kitchen is amazing (as it was set up as a cafe) with all the cutlery and crockey you need, oh, and a big fridge for the beer too!

The only thing i didn't book was the weather, hence i'm now nursing a good deal of sunburn too!

www.rookinhouse.co.uk
      Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Friend of mine went on a stag do to Poland the other weekend.

Unfortunatly for him the pope was visiting the same place as well.

Nowhere was alloweded to sell alcohol within a 40 kilometer radius of the pope.

Absolutly pmsl when he told me, said it was the dry`est do i`ve ever bin on
        Stella Artois

Comment

Working...
        X