Computer help again!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer help again!!!!

As I always get the best help here from all you computer wizzkids I'm after a bit more information.
    I use firefox but my bank website is not compatible with it and I usually switch to I.E but recently when I type in the url on I.E it automatically switches to firefox how can I get the dam thing to open up on Internet Explorer
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

you can try going to Tools / Internet Options / Programs tab and you should have the option to make it your default browser, the options for tabs are there also if your running a late version of IE6 or the new IE7
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      you can try going to Tools / Internet Options / Programs tab and you should have the option to make it your default browser, the options for tabs are there also if your running a late version of IE6 or the new IE7
      Thanks for the info but I had already tried that, unfortunately the programs box doesn't have the facility for making I.E the default browser. I ticked the box for it to ask me if I wanted I.E as default but to no avail, so finally I re-installed I.E and it then asked me the question (deal or no deal).
      Cheers
      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

there should be the same for Firefox... just tell it NOT to be the preferred browser... whilst you do your banking, then switch back...

Comment

That should have worked.........if you are using XP do it through "Set program Access and Defaults" button. it'll either be on your pinned menu or go through control panel.

Comment

Not sure what you done to get that behaviour but...

You could try using a firefox extension - there are one or two that allow you to open a link in I.E.

This one actually embeds an IE session in a firefox tab (rather than just start an IE session):
            https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/

Not tried them myself tho.
            No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Working...
            X