X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
    Shab,

I checked this out at work.

8mm blind grommets arent very robust things as a rule - you might be better just popping a dome headed bolt through with a fiber washer on (fibre washers are excellent for stopping wet getting in)

the oval ones I still do not have a solution other than drilling them out to round. I then have some good quality 18-22 or 24-28mm blind grommets. however this sort of grommet will be too flimsy once it is a 32mm hole.

I also have some glandplate blanking plugs. These are plastic plugs used to close up spare cable holes in electrical panels. they tend to come in 20,25,32mm with a special washer fitted they are weathertight and look quite smart. however I can only find small ones, but any good electrical factors should either have them or be able to get them. I should think Cheshire electrical down the end of the road past Soapy Joe's carwash (worrel street?) could get you some, should only be a pund or two.

If you like I'll put one of the small ones in my pocket and take it home, you can take it to look at and see what you think.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I never thought of cheshire electrical. Are you in tonight, I wouldn't mind taking a look at the ones you've got,

Cheers,

Shab.
    Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Yep,

I'm opposiote the plough at Eaton. If you park at the plough and look acrross the road you'll see the surf (burgundy/red wine whatever)

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
        Yep,

I'm opposiote the plough at Eaton. If you park at the plough and look acrross the road you'll see the surf (burgundy/red wine whatever)

Dave

See you in ten minutes or so....
        Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Originally posted by Shab
          See you in ten minutes or so....
          No worries

Comment

Working...
          X