Grommets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grommets...

OK, I've tried all the places locally that I thought may supply blanking grommets but no joy [wrong size etc].

I also had a look around the web and I can get some the right size but the sites I found were all trade and the minimum order ia about 42 billion. Or something.

Anyone know of a supplier where I could order just a few [they are for the holes left when I removed my spoiler].

Cheers,

Shab.
    Carpe Biscalorum...

give us a clue as to the diameter??????
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally

Oh yeah...I'll just go and check.
      Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally

1 x 30mm
        2 x Slot [rounded ends] 14mm x 8mm
        2 x 8mm

Cheers.
        Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

http://www.maplin.co.uk

But I think you will need to drill the slots out to round. You need a tool called a rework holesaw. I think I have one in the shed somewhere - I guess you are just down the road if you want to borrow it - Im in Eaton on the Macclesfield road.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
            http://www.maplin.co.uk

But I think you will need to drill the slots out to round. You need a tool called a rework holesaw. I think I have one in the shed somewhere - I guess you are just down the road if you want to borrow it - Im in Eaton on the Macclesfield road.

Dave
            Thanks Dave, that would be very helpful. What size would the new hole be?
            Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

The next standard holesaw size up past 14mm. Might be 17? I cant remember and I'm not rooting about the toolbox to find out tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                The next standard holesaw size up past 14mm. Might be 17? I cant remember and I'm not rooting about the toolbox to find out tonight!

Indeed. I'll contact you over the weekend if thats ok.

Shab.
                Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Shab these guys do a grommet strip, run it round the hole and cut to lenght
                  http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/ If thats no good i've got some large ones, I'll check the size if you need some, let me know, Ian
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                    Shab these guys do a grommet strip, run it round the hole and cut to lenght
                    http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/ If thats no good i've got some large ones, I'll check the size if you need some, let me know, Ian
                    That stuff wouldn't blank off, though, would it?

Comment

OOPs! your right, was thinking he wants open ones, They do blanking
                      grommets as well though, and if all else fails stick a light over it!!!
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                        OOPs! your right, was thinking he wants open ones, They do blanking
                        grommets as well though, and if all else fails stick a light over it!!!

That would work nicely. You can never have too many electrical gizmo's.

Will have a look to see if I may have any grommets that might be of use. Might
                        also suggest that chassis punches would give you a far neater hole than using
                        a holesaw. More precise, as well, as you won't get the drill wobble effect.

Comment

Wot size???
                          put it up on here ..I bet someone has some
                          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                          Tony

Comment

If they are any good to you I keep 20mm closed and 25mm closed grommets in stock all the time in my van.

If either are any good, I owuld be please do help.

I know that MOTORMART in NEWTON ABBOT devon keep all sized grommets in stock and would prob. post to you. THey range from about 50p a shot in their shop.

If the 20/25mm are any use to you I would be pleased to send you some. Regards

Sparkyaj

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
                              If they are any good to you I keep 20mm closed and 25mm closed grommets in stock all the time in my van.

If either are any good, I owuld be please do help.

I know that MOTORMART in NEWTON ABBOT devon keep all sized grommets in stock and would prob. post to you. THey range from about 50p a shot in their shop.

If the 20/25mm are any use to you I would be pleased to send you some. Regards

Sparkyaj
                              Thanks very much for the offer, but they would be to small unfortunately...

I'll give them a bell on monday.

Again, thanks.

Shab.
                              Carpe Biscalorum...

Comment

Working...
                              X