Van insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van insurance

Has anyone got any sudgestions for van insurance ?
    All my no claims is tied up with the Surf , I've been offerd a tidy little nissan vanette for £300 on a m reg. Trouble is all the insurance companies want £350+ for 3rd party f & t . Seems a bit steep and I begrudge paying more per year for insurance that the van's worth.

Andy.

shop around online mate thats wot i do
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

look at changeing your insurance to a trade type policy where you can have more than one motor on the same policy, maybe cost a bit more than you're paying but you can usually have up to 12 motors on the policy at no additional cost ! So you can get even more toys!!!!!
      Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
        look at changeing your insurance to a trade type policy where you can have more than one motor on the same policy, maybe cost a bit more than you're paying but you can usually have up to 12 motors on the policy at no additional cost ! So you can get even more toys!!!!!
        That's a fleet type cover, is it not? I thought the cost of that type of policy
        would probably be more than two separate policies?

Comment

most insurance will give you a discount = to your no claims as long as you have a clean record
          Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            That's a fleet type cover, is it not? I thought the cost of that type of policy
            would probably be more than two separate policies?
            I found it was a lot cheaper, by about £400 in fact. You are right though it is fleet cover, just can't seem to get my words out right today!

Comment

I found it was a lot cheaper, by about £400 in fact. You are right though it is fleet cover, just can't seem to get my words out right today!
              I wasn't correcting, just double checking. Both my Surf and Bessie,
              (wife named it), are on class1 business use policies, and I seem to
              remember enquiring about the fleet and being told it was more expensive.
              Surf insurance is up for renewal soon, so might be worthwhile my checking
              again. Can you get the same fully comp type cover under fleet cover?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                I wasn't correcting, just double checking. Both my Surf and Bessie,
                (wife named it), are on class1 business use policies, and I seem to
                remember enquiring about the fleet and being told it was more expensive.
                Surf insurance is up for renewal soon, so might be worthwhile my checking
                again. Can you get the same fully comp type cover under fleet cover?

Yeah you can get any type cover you want, I used Tradex, but me mates still using the same type policies seem to be using AXA or Roadrunner. Just have a good ring round.

Comment

Yeah you can get any type cover you want, I used Tradex, but me mates still using the same type policies seem to be using AXA or Roadrunner. Just have a good ring round.
                  I'll check on that then, cheers. Both vehicles are on separate policies with
                  NIG at the moment. I'll phone the brokers and see what they say about the
                  fleet cover.

Comment

Working...
                  X