Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Nudge Bars

Hi Guys,
    I am sick of people backing into my lovely chrome rear bumper!!! and getting blocked in its a nightmare parking where I live.. but i have noticed that everyone gives the front of the surf a wide berth cos of the front nudge bar!So what I am after is a rear nudge bar and having never seen one on a surf am wondering can you buy them? can anyone point me in the right direction? I have no tow bar and the spare is underslung and its a 93 2.4 I dont mind paying someone to make one but have had no luck locally, ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED.
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Have a look at this thread, contains a link to ebay auctio for a rear bumper protection bar, could be just what you're looking for.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Maybe the sort with two seperate uprights like the front nudges on an american police car. If you did it in 2inch stainless tube, with a domed cap end on the top just above the top of the bumper, and then a 90 bend so that it went under the truck?

THis would give a rock rail effect under the long rear as well and protect when bumping down steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
        Have a look at this thread, contains a link to ebay auctio for a rear bumper protection bar, could be just what you're looking for.
        Thanks i will...

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
          Maybe the sort with two seperate uprights like the front nudges on an american police car. If you did it in 2inch stainless tube, with a domed cap end on the top just above the top of the bumper, and then a 90 bend so that it went under the truck?

THis would give a rock rail effect under the long rear as well and protect when bumping down steps.
          Think that would work but its a problem finding someone/place to do it...

Comment

I've got an underslung spare.......the towbar tends to keep people away from the bumper and it acts as a parking sensor in the works car park
            Anything you stick on is going to make the overhang worse when you fo froading the towbar just ploughs a furrow.....
            Probably the way to go is have a look at the pickup rear bumpers.....

Comment

Working...
            X