Trip to coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to coast

Planning on running the truck down to newquay for the fat face night surf and was wondering for a long moterway drive what buttons, switches and gismos do i need to have switched on. I thought the button to stiffen the suspension (wish i had a button like this), and the power button. Will run it in high box two wheel drive and power overdrive off. What would seem to be peoples opinion on the most economical speed for long trips.
    Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Stick it in D and turn over drive on for long Mway runs...OD is like 5th gear.
    for better fuel economy tho hitch a ride on a flatbed

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
      Planning on running the truck down to newquay for the fat face night surf and was wondering for a long moterway drive what buttons, switches and gismos do i need to have switched on. I thought the button to stiffen the suspension (wish i had a button like this), and the power button. Will run it in high box two wheel drive and power overdrive off. What would seem to be peoples opinion on the most economical speed for long trips.
      when i drove to Bristol and back in my old 2.4 i was sitting at a 80mph most of the way
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Question about buttons

Hold up I is a brummie so you need to type slower. I thought the button on the automatic gearbox shifter was an overdrive button. If I push it a light comes on the dash. It kicks down a gear and I can keep up with the kevscorts away from the traffic lights. You suggest having it so lights are on the dash with motorway driving?

Comment

When the overdrive light is on on the dash the overdrive is off.
          If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
            Hold up I is a brummie so you need to type slower. I thought the button on the automatic gearbox shifter was an overdrive button. If I push it a light comes on the dash. It kicks down a gear and I can keep up with the kevscorts away from the traffic lights. You suggest having it so lights are on the dash with motorway driving?

the only light that should be on on the dash and that is for the suspension hard setting if you have it on if not then nothing should be lit.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The only lights you want are side/tail and head, unless you're carrying a lot in the boot in which case you might want to harden the rear suspension if it all gets a bit wallowy.

No O/D off, no ECT/Power.

Fuel consumption varies with speed, so turn up the radio and drive to suit your timetable or wallet.

Mine's quite relaxing up to 80mph, then I have to concentrate a little because the tyres are MTs and don't track that well at speed.

Comment

Coast trip

Many thanks for these responses know what I am doing now.

Saved again by the Hilux Surf community.

Its gunna rain all week.

Comment

Working...
                X