hot and bothered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot and bothered

My surf has overheated but it is not like head problem as once you have filled it up again everything is fine until like today I go over to Huddersfield. I dont thrash it and it runs well otherwise. loses a bit of water normally but no obvious leaks. also the water that comes out is dirty
    any ideas from anyone or can anyone recommed a someone in South Manchester area that fixes them

Originally posted by pete27
    My surf has overheated but it is not like head problem as once you have filled it up again everything is fine until like today I go over to Huddersfield. I dont thrash it and it runs well otherwise. loses a bit of water normally but no obvious leaks. also the water that comes out is dirty
    any ideas from anyone or can anyone recommed a someone in South Manchester area that fixes them
    Can thoroughly reccomend Stevo in Stockport 0161 476 6144 he is a member on here, do a search and you,ll see the feedback etc. He is in Stockport am sure he will sort it for you. Good Luck mate.
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Comment

Cheers for that I am hoping that it is nothing serious asit doesnt seem to happen all the time. thanks for the info anyway

Comment

Cheers for that I am hoping that it is nothing serious asit doesnt seem to happen all the time. thanks for the info anyway
        go to stevo and get him to do a test of the water you may be leaking water into the top of the pistons
        i do hope this is not the case but better safe than sorry
        good luck
        at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

if it only buggers up when you go to Huddersfield then don't go to Huddersfield!!!

hope its nowt serious
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Huddersfield.

Take the A roads instead of the M62! That motorway to Huddersfield is notorious for siezing engines. (Something to do with altitude?) I have given it an Astra diesel and a Mitsubishi RVR diesel both within six months, both in opposite directions on the same hill. Even the breakdown lads say it`s the ....hole of the motorway network.
            No, seriously though, maybe something to do with the long climb on the motorway.
            Powered by Toyota!

Comment

That is interesting. I aleays use the A roads instead of th 62 which is a pain cos it longer and busier. Which part of the 62 did you have probs with?

Comment

Hudds

That is interesting. I aleays use the A roads instead of th 62 which is a pain cos it longer and busier. Which part of the 62 did you have probs with?
                Touch wood I've had no probs at all with me 3rd gen but I'm sure you know that bit of M62 between your town & my town is the highest altitude Mway in England (1221 ft above sea-level (?))

Hope it's nowt bad
                All th best

Comment

M62

I`m not one of these daily commuters to Leeds, in fact I`ve only driven it twice! The first time was oil pump failure in an Astra estate and second was my oil filter housing (came loose and lost oil) in the Mitsubishi. Both were in winter not sure where but near the "top"? Is`nt it one of the highest or one of the dangerous M/ways? My mrs wont go on it anymore and as I was picking up ebay purchases at the time, I no longer buy stuff from that side of the world!!