Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

I have the option to get a 1995 Surf 3.0 SSR-X TD, manual 5-speed, 62, 000 miles.

It will be my first 4x4. It drives really nicely, but like a lot of threads I've seen I'm confused about what I can tow safely.

I have a Wessex horse trailer weighing 1000kg and 2 horses (both 16.2hh) each weighting 500kg. Is this Surf up to the job on and off road?

Also how much does the vehicle weigh?

thanks BP

yes it will be fine.

dont forget its not permanant 4wd so you will have to engage it on the slippy stuff.

it will weigh a tad under 2000kgs, i think 1850kg min. if you do asearch you might find a more accurate figure.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

IMHO, it'll be fine, there are no official towing weights for imports, so as long as you arn't towing more than your vehicle weighs you'll probably be OK.

Physically, it'll tow and stop fine, Linda has pulled a trailer with 2 big horses around in her 3.0, and we've also towed way heavier than 2 ton, with no problems.

With a manual box you've no hot Autobox fluid issues when towing which is the only really needed upgrade on the Auto ones like ours.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for this info

Ta very much.

Comment

Go ahead, buy it.
          It'll pull your horse box no probs, my old 2.4 pulls one ok.
          You'll love the luxury over any landrover.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
          X