Articulated motor home in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Articulated motor home in Canada

Just looking thru some holiday pics from a trip across the rockies a couple of years back. I remember snapping this bizzare articulated vehicle in a rest area somewhere near Jasper.

I was driving the chevvy trailblazer in the foreground and nice it was too!
    Attached Files
    I used to have a surf me!

The yanks are mad for those things. I saw two of them that had decided to drive a single lane, unpaved mountain road in Arizona at about 5mph.

Caravans are a pain in the @rse at the best of times (apologies to all the tin dwellers, I know it's only a small minority) but those clowns had managed to pretty much stop the traffic in both directions whilst they navigated a road that looped back to the bottom of the mountain with no stops on the way. I might have left the big box at the bottom myself.

Comment

It'll be a lot more stable than a UK caravan, being a semi-trailer (à la Articulated Lorry) rather than a full trailer. And they usually have coupled brakes.

Comment

i've seen them advertised on a UK website... the pickup has a "fold down" fifth wheel and air supply to the brakes...

i'd bet the VOSA would be very interested in checking your axle weights though (although i haven't a clue what they're rated at)
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Trailer Park Boys

Dude I think thats Bubbles van...
          Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

Comment

There was a hire company near shepperton , The production companies used them for keeping the STARS in when not wanted on set
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I saw one the other day in motorway services. It was a tri axle box and the truck pulling it had a double rear wheel. Very nice, beats the gypos caravans hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                I saw one the other day in motorway services. It was a tri axle box and the truck pulling it had a double rear wheel. Very nice, beats the gypos caravans hands down.
                probably find it was one of them
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  probably find it was one of them

It was on it's own. Besides they like Hobby vans and transits. Funny though, have you seen how clean their vans are? But look outside and the place is like a Brazillian rubbish tip.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    Funny though, have you seen how clean their vans are? But look outside and the place is like a Brazillian rubbish tip.

Tell me about it.I work on the railway and the gypo's have a camp at the top of the embankment and the rubbish that gets thrown onto the track is unbelievable.Also if we have to do any night time work we have to be so carefull as they will throw whatever they can get their hands on at you
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

There are a whole bunch of them down the road from us, the Horsey set are all at the Farleigh House Carriage Driving trials this weekend, just followed a brand new Dodge Ram dually down the road with a 3 axle 5th wheel caravan like the one pictured. The other Dodge with them was towing a huge 5th wheel horse trailer.

Nice rigs.

If anyone is into this and coming up, Linda is helping the at the Dressage event there on Friday, go and say hi.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                      X