FAO Sumo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Sumo

Hi Richard, Thanks for yer help today tried to change brushes over but sadly no way & another one bites the dust........ No way !!!!!!!! that Alternator is gonna fit, that's No.4 of 5 types not gonna fit.
    Looking like a new one's a Beggin if I can source one of that Model !!!!!!!! Gaaaahhhhhhh

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin!!!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Hi Jess what part didnt fit? When I done mine I just changed the whole brush conection part.I did have to put a different conecter on the wire that fits into the alternator but that was all.That is a very bad discription I know but its early,I'll try to find my old one and take some piccies to try and help.

here are the pictures,,if you look at the end of the screwdriver you can just make out a cut wire,I had to cut this off to get the right shaped conector and to allow me to use my original plug.It worked ok for me but then again maybe I am just lucky or then again I could just be a vandal.
    Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:10.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
      Hi Jess what part didnt fit? When I done mine I just changed the whole brush conection part.I did have to put a different conecter on the wire that fits into the alternator but that was all.
      Hi Richard, Yep tried allsorts (cept Bassets) Alternator degree here I come !!!!
      1. Fly lead is to short & has different connections (see my pics of yur Alt)
      2. yur brush set is thinner (see my Pic 2) wont accept Silver diode/ Capacitor er !! thingy lead, mine is thicker with it & if it could be done on yer Alt the threaded pole conector is half inch to short to accept it.
      3. Soldering on the windings are in different places (long & the short of it !!!) the wires & connectoions
      4. Only possibility would be to change innerds if mine wernt shot to hell !!!!!!

Bin on 24/7 parts & phone ain't stopped ringing, but can't be sure there the one I need unless they Quote me Happy !!!!!
      Toyota No. 100213 - 1180
      Let ya know how it goes......
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 29 May 2006, 12:12.
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
      X