Air Con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con

Had my aircon re-gassed when I changed my timing belt in January. Went to use it today and it's not cooling down. I think the guy fu**ed it up, as the temperature was just above freezing when he did it and it wasn't coming on when he was doing it. Looked through the little glass window and it's not full. It's also making a funny noise when switched on behind the dash. The pump is engaging ok.

Looks like I'm going to have to get it done again

I spoke to an aircon engineer at work that does the big trailer fridges, he reckons it should take about an hour to hour and half to do the job properly. The guy who did mine only spent 15-20 mins on it.

take it back and get him to do it properly??

pretend you do kung foo for added effect.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

15 mins for a simple gassing up sounds fine to me. 90 mins sounds long enough to do an a/c for a huge building like a hospital, but I could be wrong I think I was once before.

So take it back and the kung fu dramatic effect thing sounds good, tell him you have a black belt in Ludo as well

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Personally, I would suggest you contact the chap and, in a
        pleasant manner, mention that you have tried to use the
        aircon and it is not working. It may just be a honest mistake,
        or there may be a problem with your unit itself, i.e: seals. If
        the chap tries to arse you about, then you can easily take a
        more stubborn stance.

However, if you start off straight away on the offensive, and
        it is a honest mistake, you will get far less help than he might
        normally offer. Customers starting off with the tw***y attitude
        never tends to lead one to be as helpful as one might be
        normally. Plus, if it is a fault with your unit, and you start off
        by blaming the chap, you will end up looking a right plonk
        when he points out the fault.

As a, now deceased, relative used to say:

You can always start off nice and then turn nasty, but you
        cannot do it the other way around.

Comment

Absolutely
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Should take about three quarters of an hour on a surf, that's to vac out the system and then re-gas also introducing tracer dye and oil. Trouble with just throwing new gas in is that there is still degenerated gas in there which makes the new gas degenerate a lot quicker! There's a set amount of gas that should be introduced into the system, on the Surfs I think off the top of my head it's 650g, put in less and it doesn't pressurize correctly and cool properly put in too much and the gas could freeze along with the a/c pump, so that's no good either! What I'm saying is have the a/c system serviced in this way about once every three years, current cost should be £80-£100, and run the system at least once every two months,(in the winter you can run the system with heat, it still conditions the air). Then you shouldn't have any problems with it. The one thing it doesn't rule out is leaks, but that should be checked for when servicing (the a/c system, not the car!!*! LOL)

Sorry it's a bit long winded, hope it helps, but a/c is actually one of the few things that I know a bit about!!!!
            Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

There shouldn't be anything wrong with the system, as it was working fine before he re-gassed it. Personally, I think he hasn't put enough in. I think I will take it to Toyota and get it done properly, I will get them to service it properly. They charge £89.

Comment

Working...
              X