rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rad

hi lads just need a bit of advice on this one ,checking my oil today after running her who must be obeyed over to the shop 2 minutes drive away.
    i notice the top of the rad was rather hot , felt further down the rad and it seemed cool i also have an atf cooler fitted , the temprature gauge gos up to the halfway mark after a couple of mins but dos'nt go any higher, is this normal ?????: cheers joker:
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

I would think thats normal, usually a longer drive say ten to fifteen mins will get the thermo to open, try that first then see if It's still cold.

Cheers

Neil
    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
      hi lads just need a bit of advice on this one ,checking my oil today after running her who must be obeyed over to the shop 2 minutes drive away.
      i notice the top of the rad was rather hot , felt further down the rad and it seemed cool i also have an atf cooler fitted , the temprature gauge gos up to the halfway mark after a couple of mins but dos'nt go any higher, is this normal ?????: cheers joker:
      Are you serious!!!

Comment

Originally posted by europa88
        Are you serious!!!
        cheers neil im the most serious joker youll ever find dave

Comment

Well you got me mate

Just trying to help you newbies!

Cheers

Neil

Comment

Sounds normal after a short run. Check the coolant level at the filler cap when it is cold (the one on top of the water pump, not the expansion bottle) and take it from there.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

This is normal. The Surf heats up real quick. The hot water goes into the top of the rad, flows downwards cooling as it goes then taken into engine at bottom. If you feel the top and bottom hoses you will find the top one is much hotter as the coolant hasn't gone through the rad and cooled down. Nothing to worry about.

Comment

cheers lads i think im getting paranoid lol

Comment

2 mins drive!!! - you should have walked!
                  Landcruiser Colorado
                  Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                    2 mins drive!!! - you should have walked!
                    exactly what i told the missus !!! her reply was you carry the seven bags of shopping then, couldnt argue with that lol

Comment

Working...
                    X