Diesel Fuel Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Fuel Cat

Has anyone got one of those diesel fuel cats advertised on site fitted to your 3.0l surf? if so does it work at lowering consumption???

if so how much of a difference does it make?

Stu
    http://www.manicgamer.net

apparently they're pretty good....
    TonyN fits them and has them on Lindas surf and i think they were getting an extra 50 miles per tank... Sumo said they were good too.

apparently they reduce the carbon getting in the oil so that stays cleaner too.

(don't take it as gospel as i've just finished work and might have dreamed it!)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Linda has been running one for ages and at least one of the Southampton...ish mob. I think they were reporting about an extra 35 from a tank. Do a search.......

just noticed I'm one post away from being a post whore.....

Comment

okey... now i am confused.... sry guys cant seem to find any threads regarding this.,. found one about TonyN swallowin deisel...lmao..

but looking on the site there seems to be 2 things that kinda do the same thing.. or am i wrong....

http://fuelcat.co.uk/DieselBoost.html a booster....

and the fuel cat.... kinda confused.. do they do the same thing?
        • Any advice on which to get for my 3.0 l surf?
        • Is this the one i need? 11. Diesel unit up to 3500cc (inc. tank treatment)
        • Are they easy to fit if i get an inline?
        TonyN if you see this thread your advice would be well received m8..

okey i found another thread... do you reckon the heated version would be better?

Stu
        Last edited by amethyst; 27 May 2006, 09:02.

Comment

here you go talk to philip he's your man for fuelcat
          and he a member on the forum too

http://www.fuelcat.co.uk/
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

I've pm'd Linda (unusually Tony's mailbox is full ) with the link to this thread, although I believe that they are away for the weekend.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Many thanks all....

i'm off to anglesey this morning be back monday - ish... the heated version is starting to look like the best option as i will be moving SVO a lil down the line....

Stu
              Last edited by amethyst; 27 May 2006, 09:10.

Comment

Me again.

If using only diesel, then the Fuel Cat D11 unit is whats needed, but if using Veg/Bio Diesel the the Combo is the one. The first lot i had in, were all sold and from the feedback from people it would appear that around 10% improvement would be expected. You need to call 0208 8969172 as Combo not on price list. There is a complete money back gaurantee if not totally satisfied.
                I know have stock of Combo units, which are special price for Surf owners.
                Thanks Philip
                Still Searching,
                Dick Whittington

Comment

Phil
                  ive been toying with having this fitted for a while now and am going to do it i am without a doubt a numpty with cars is it a job someone not really mechanically minded could do without much trouble
                  if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Firefly

I think you better get someone who knows their way about a car to fit it. If you don't like me even do your own servicing, then safer to get someone else to fit it.
                    Thanks Philip
                    Still Searching,
                    Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
                      Phil
                      ive been toying with having this fitted for a while now and am going to do it i am without a doubt a numpty with cars is it a job someone not really mechanically minded could do without much trouble
                      you will need the heated version m8
                      at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

cheers!!!!!!!
                        if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

I am not sure how all these fuel line heaters help with high viscosity fuels - if you fit it directly before the filter, isn't the pump still going to be stressed sucking cold thick fuel all the way from the tank to the heater??

Has anyone fitted a vacuum guage to the the fuel line (just before the fuel pump) and checked how flow is effected by having fuel heaters so far down stream of the source?

Comment

Originally posted by ChasesDragons
                            I am not sure how all these fuel line heaters help with high viscosity fuels - if you fit it directly before the filter, isn't the pump still going to be stressed sucking cold thick fuel all the way from the tank to the heater??

Has anyone fitted a vacuum guage to the the fuel line (just before the fuel pump) and checked how flow is effected by having fuel heaters so far down stream of the source?
                            The perfect setup would be a heated in/post tank unit and pre-filter unit
                            with heated fuel lines as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                              If using only diesel, then the Fuel Cat D11 unit is whats needed, but if using Veg/Bio Diesel the the Combo is the one. The first lot i had in, were all sold and from the feedback from people it would appear that around 10% improvement would be expected. You need to call 0208 8969172 as Combo not on price list. There is a complete money back gaurantee if not totally satisfied.
                              I know have stock of Combo units, which are special price for Surf owners.
                              Thanks Philip
                              Cheers for that Phillip, if i went for the non combo "the fuel cat d11" are there some destructions for fitting it? if so i will get one of those for now... then maybe change later when i eventually get round to experimenting with SVO blends... how soon could i receive it if i order one.. and u open on b hol monday?

STu

Comment

Working...
                              X