3rd Gen Rear Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Rear Window

Hi Guys Ive been away for a couple of years after selling my lifted 94 V6 4 Runner (TonyN will remember me, hi Tony!) and buying a 01 L200 double cab truck (mistake i know) The Mitsy is good, but not a patch on my old 4 runner was so i have decided to come back to Toyota and buy a 3rd Gen Hilux Surf. Can anyone tell me, do all 3rd Gens come with the electric rear window or is it only available on top spec models? does they have the switch in the cab like my 4 runner did which allows you to lower the window from the inside? Also what sort of mpg will i expect to get from the 3.0 Diesel auto?

Cheers

Luke
    3rd Gen 4" Lift 33" Goodyear MTR's

Ive got a 3rd gen '96 model ssrx and I can operate the rear window inside the cab or off the key
    Hope this helps

Comment

Hey, i remember that username from years ago!
      Yes, all 3rd gens have the electric rear window with a switch in the cab. It can also be operated from the keylock in the tailgate.
      30mpg is probably the most you'll get, maybe a bit more if you're really light-footed. Most of the time i get about 26mpg on mixed, cross country routes. Town driving is obviously a bit worse. Not sure if my figures tally up but most of the time I can get 500-520km out of a tank before the fuel light stays on steady, most ever was 590km.
      Cheers,
      Rob

Comment

mine does 160 miles to 2 jerry cans of red
        £7.50 white for 30 miles

ooh!... that makes it 75p to go to town!... cheaper than the bus!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X