yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the most annoying muscle you've strained?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
    Small muscle at the back of the knee crosses the popliteal fossa (incase you ever wondered what the back of the knee was called) Rotates femur over tibia to help unlock the knee. Just thought I would interject. Three muscles make up the butt gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and gluteus minimus all act as hip flexers. Best cure for problem sitting on a bar stool with pint in your hand. Could have got this totally wrong has been about 6 years since studying anatomy.
    That good mate. I have to study it every day and still forget some of it.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
      I wasn't chasing the cows for fun, i was herding them, honest!
      I heard lots of excuses like that and they were all fabrications ....Like the guy who called out Cranleigh fire fighters for a cow in his swimming pool and claimed it dived in ...Three hours later and one broken wrist eight firefighters rescued 1 cow
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

popliteus is the worst, and if you get someone on it who don't know their job they can have you screwed for the season.

why is it that something so small can cause so much agony? its also one of those injuries that once it heals you're still sceptical that its ok and find it difficult to have confidence that its not going to go every time you make a quick turn.

i had my nose and jaw broken at the same time when i was 17. that was not amusing. but my facial x-rays look like the terminator due to the extensive maxillo facial surgery i had to have, which also severed a nerve in my chin which means that i only have slight feeling in the whole of my face and i had to learn to talk without dribbling.

at least i've got a good reason for how i look...many haven't!!!
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

broken jaw's no fun... always thought it was a bit of a comedy injury, having your mouth wired shut!... but eating through a straw and washing it down with water and having to cary scissors to cut your mouth open incase you puke!... no fun!!

might have to dig out all my "swollen face" pics
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
            WELL DONE HELEN THAT IS SPOT ON, IT IS IN THE KNEE, AND CAUSES A LOT OF PROBLEMS I LOVE TREATING PEOPLE WITH THIS COS IT HURTS THEM LIKE MAD
            I only know about that artery coz an ex boyfriend got his leg crushed by one of those old red phone boxes that he was using a hiab to move. Lost all circulation to his foot and after months of surgery eventually had leg amputated above the knee... He got pain in muscles he really didn't have !! That was the ex-para so a sad thing for such a brave bloke to suffer .

I helped him with physio in hosp and thought it would be a good job... you could get paid for hurting people !!
            Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Not a muscle as such.but the weirdest injury was:

I went to get up from my desk at work...no problem you think!...felt a small twinge in the knee and by 10pm could hardly walk on it. By midnight was in A & E having a compress bandage on it...the nurses/doctors had to confer and thought I might have a Bakers Cyst [The fluid sacks around the knee had burst with fluid around the knee)......

Kept the bandage on for about a week and the thing had gone.
              Gaz

Comment

Working...
              X