No announcement yet.

Wildly off topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on getting your own way! Have you posted the pics on Difflock yet? I thought this thread looked familiar.
    I never got to even look at the ex-wifes Gypsy because she rolled it before I met her.
    My brother tells me he had one one and an Austin Champ but I dont recall seeing them. Mind you he has had over 100 motorbikes and at least 50 motors of various sorts. His pride and joy at the moment is a fully restored Sammy Miller Triumph Tiger Cub trials bike. He has had it verified by Sammy himself, who has a picture of it on his shop wall.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Cheers Phil. Yup, that's why it seems familiar. I was gonna' spare everyone here
      with it being a more specific vehicle forum, but couldn't resist inflicting the torture.

Your brother gets through a fair amount of vehicles. Just had a google for the
      Tiger Cub. That is one nice machine. He must be well chuffed with that.

Comment

He got it as a box of bits for under £100. He stripped it right down, re-enamelled the frame, rechromed the wheels, returned the mudguards to the original colour, reconditioned the engine. The only thing that is non-standard is that he has fitted electronic ignition because the original Triumph ignition of that vintage is notoriously iffy.

Bruvs in the car trade and as much as he hates to admit it, he is a petrol head.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

He's obviously put quite a lot of time into doing that up. Does kind of negate his
          argument that he's not a petrol head. At least the ignition doesn't detract from
          what the bike is or should be. Better to make sure it's in a usable condition for as
          long as possible than to put something back on that will keep failing. It's the same
          type of thing with this Gypsy. It's not going to be done up to what it should be like.
          Going to keep all the alterations and do it up as it is now. Keeping the intent without
          sticking to the letter ain't such a bad thing. What year is his bike? The one I had
          a peek at was a 1960 model, I think.

Comment

Working...
          X