X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front anti-roll bar bushes

Noticed today that the bushes and lower cups on the arms that go
    through the lower wishbones are shot. Does the Milner's front anti
    roll bar bush kit include all the bits for this?

Whilst I am at it, might as well ask about shocks and springs. With
    regards to the rear springs, which place am I best of getting these
    from, Milner's or Roughtrax, or are they both pretty much the same?
    Secondly, what exactly is the difference, in real terms, between the
    ES3000/9000 shocks. For example, are the 9000's backside
    numbingly stiffer compared to the 3000's?

Cheers,

Matt

Yes, the Milner's kit includes all you need including washers and nuts.

Milners do 20% stiffer but same height as originals, so if you tow a lot or carry a lot of weight in the rear it helps. They're also about half the price of the Roughtrax ones.

Roughtrax do a slightly longer set, so raising the "at rest" height of the rear by about an inch I believe.

Someone else will no doubt advise on the Procomps
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
      Yes, the Milner's kit includes all you need including washers and nuts.

Milners do 20% stiffer but same height as originals, so if you tow a lot or carry a lot of weight in the rear it helps. They're also about half the price of the Roughtrax ones.

Roughtrax do a slightly longer set, so raising the "at rest" height of the rear by about an inch I believe.

Someone else will no doubt advise on the Procomps

Cheers Mike.

Matt

Comment

Just as a late night, I'm thinking too much and don't have anything
        better to do type question, , what real, noticeable effect would
        there be by not having the front/rear anti-roll/sway bars fitted at all?
        Do they noticeably affect handling and steadiness?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          Just as a late night, I'm thinking too much and don't have anything
          better to do type question, , what real, noticeable effect would
          there be by not having the front/rear anti-roll/sway bars fitted at all?
          Do they noticeably affect handling and steadiness?
          I'm not adding this line to bump it back up, ...honestly.

Comment

im not one to bmp a link but an answer would be good as im thinking of running without antiroll bar on the rear as i keep wreaking the mounts when off road, i need more wheel travel.
            if no one has the answer then i will post my findings when i have raised mine and tryed disconnecting the anti rolls and cautiosly testing it myself, tyres have been ordered just need sus bits now, oh and money
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
              im not one to bmp a link but an answer would be good as im thinking of running without antiroll bar on the rear as i keep wreaking the mounts when off road, i need more wheel travel.
              if no one has the answer then i will post my findings when i have raised mine and tryed disconnecting the anti rolls and cautiosly testing it myself, tyres have been ordered just need sus bits now, oh and money
              The enough money bit always seems to be a problem with a Surf.
              It absorbs money quicker than the wife and kids. Must
              admit that I'm intrigued over the exact specifics of the bars. I seem
              to remember that some have had theirs pass the MOT whilst the bars
              have been removed, so they don't appear to be safety bound, and I
              would have thought more independence between the wheels, and body,
              would possibly be a good thing, but didn't want to find myself trying to
              wrestle something that might resemble a greased pig without the bars.
              If it is a nonsensical idea, however, the order is already prepped for
              sending off to Milner's.
              Last edited by MattF; 2 June 2006, 04:45.

Comment

I think there are quite a few that dump the rears for off road as it helps articulation. doing a lot of mileage and being a Mr Leadfoot it would be the ROLL part of the name that would worry me.

Remember I'm thick and usually wrong..........

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
                  I think there are quite a few that dump the rears for off road as it helps articulation. doing a lot of mileage and being a Mr Leadfoot it would be the ROLL part of the name that would worry me.
                  Why do they only ditch the rears? I would have thought the mismatched
                  articulation between front and back would be worse than either keeping
                  both or getting rid of both.

Comment

Working...
                  X