Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing

Good evening all,

I am newly registered today on the forum and would just like to test that I can receive threads etc etc.

My wife Lisa & I bought a 1996 3.0 SSR-G yesterday and we are still getting used to it having done over 350kms to Surrey and back to Newport in South Wales. Very impressed with the comfort, road holding amongst many other things. However, the stereo just does not want to play. Some Italian (Pioneer) related beast, I think. Anyway, Nigel from "Hiluxsurf" has mentioned that a lot of Hilux owners have had similar problems and have gone out to buy new units or frequency expanders?

I hope to be able to log onto the forum as often as possible and look forward to exchanging threads.

Happy New Year

Gary & Lisa
    1996 SSR-G 3.0TD
    1995 SSR-X 3.0TD Ltd

Theres people in my own family I havent said happy new year to yet but anyway, Happy New Year to you and the missus too and the rest of ye out there in kbyte land.

A 96 SSRG: mmmmm lovely. Is it fresh off the boat? Yes? Do a coolant flush for peace of mind if your gonna be reading this forum coz the japs neglect this.

Comment

Originally posted by Garymt
      Good evening all,

I am newly registered today on the forum and would just like to test that I can receive threads etc etc.

My wife Lisa & I bought a 1996 3.0 SSR-G yesterday and we are still getting used to it having done over 350kms to Surrey and back to Newport in South Wales. Very impressed with the comfort, road holding amongst many other things. However, the stereo just does not want to play. Some Italian (Pioneer) related beast, I think. Anyway, Nigel from "Hiluxsurf" has mentioned that a lot of Hilux owners have had similar problems and have gone out to buy new units or frequency expanders?

I hope to be able to log onto the forum as often as possible and look forward to exchanging threads.

Happy New Year

Gary & Lisa
      Hi Gary & Lisa

Welcome to the "MAD HOUSE" you will find a lot of usefull info on here and even more useless gumpf! but more important you will meet a lot of friendly people.

If you are only getting Radio 2 you will most proberbly find that you are better off cutting your losses and splashing out on a new ICE unit. A lot of comments have been raised about the frequency expanders not being very effective.

Enjoy SURFDOM its a new way of life! AND DONT FORGET TO GET IT DIRTY

Paul
      DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Thanks Jim,

Yep! The veh' is fresh off the boat (well, a couple of weeks anyway.) I will take your coolant advice on board.

Cheers

Gary
        1996 SSR-G 3.0TD
        1995 SSR-X 3.0TD Ltd

Comment

Paul,

Great stuff and don't worry, we intend to get her dirty. We have 2 german shepherds that like a lot of mud and I had, in my former existance, a career in the Army, so off-roading is a loveable pastime although to be very honest, I haven't done it for a few years. That will change very soon.

cheers

Gary
          1996 SSR-G 3.0TD
          1995 SSR-X 3.0TD Ltd

Comment

welcome aboard , nice to have another surfite,surfette,surf-something-or-other with us ...................i know someone will educate me on the correct phrase ?

Comment

Good evening all,

Happy New Year

Gary & Lisa
              Gary already said hi in the mail I sent you but hi again and glad to see you can now post.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Welcome Gary to the mad world of surfism!!!

We may be a little nutz... but we're basically a friendly bunch....

Post us some pics of your new car so we can admire it!!
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Cheers

Nigel & Julie, and Linda,

Thanks for your replies. I will try and post a piccy sometime soon.

I shall be back on line again, hopefully tomorrow evening, if not definitely over the w/e.

Cheers

Gary & Lisa
                  1996 SSR-G 3.0TD
                  1995 SSR-X 3.0TD Ltd

Comment

Good evening all,

Happy New Year

Gary & Lisa
                    WELCOME HOME Gary & Lisa
                    its mad here and you will love it
                    WE DO
                    PS. is jan 11th at the pit too far for you to meet the family
                    Last edited by popbriscoe; 1 January 2004, 23:22.
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

Nice to have more friendly people on board.

Happy New Year All

Comment

Good evening all,

Happy New Year

Gary & Lisa
                        Gary.

Presume that the stereo is a Pioneer Carrozzera unit - actually it ain't Italian, just the japanese trying to confuse us. I got the same type of unit with my 1993 SSRX and it's in the bin now. Even with the frequency expander the radio doesn't pick up anything worthwhile very well. I've now got a Sony unit in it and apart from the fact that my aerial is now starting to break down, it's great. I'd say dump the Pioneer and get a european spec one.

Oh and welcome to the forum, good to have you and Lisa on board.

cheers

Comment

Cheers Andy,

I may very well take up your advice and get rid.....sounds like the general opinion anyway.

Gary
                          1996 SSR-G 3.0TD
                          1995 SSR-X 3.0TD Ltd

Comment

Yes bin the stereo and fit a nice shiny new one. Best thing I ever did and suprisingly easy to do. Just search around for lots of advice on how to do it !

Richard.

Comment

Good evening all,

Happy New Year

Gary & Lisa
                              Hi Gary & Lisa.

Welcome to the world of Surfdom I'm still a new Surf driver myself (5 months) and I still get a smile on my face every time I start the engine. I've not been off road yet and still deliberating whether to or not, but we'll see what the 11th brings.
                              I've managed to live with radio 2 up til now, but alas, now sir Jimmy Youngs gone I'm going to get me a new radio and not bother with an expander.
                              Have a Happy New Year both and I hope to see you around.

Comment

Working...
                              X