Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new head = better MPG?

hi crew

can i expect to get better MPG and performance with the new head (compared to the cracked one that is on at the mo)? the surf runs smooth even so, but will it get better once its fixed?
    problems? i'll take 'em.

Some times the fact that you've cleaned all the gunk out of the intake (well I do, assume other garages do as well) and it has fresh valve clearances will make it feel nicer and maybe run better, but it shouldn't really make a lot of difference if it was running OK before the head cracked.

Originally posted by skyhooked
    hi crew

can i expect to get better MPG and performance with the new head (compared to the cracked one that is on at the mo)? the surf runs smooth even so, but will it get better once its fixed?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks for that tony, i had a suspicion that might be the case regarding MPG

ah well, i only potter around at about 60-70mp on the motorway anyhow so its not so bad. what is it about surfs that make you want to drive so slow? usually i cant wait to get out of the car but just lounging and cruising in the surf is so comfy

are there any mods or tips that i might try to keep the surf running a little cooler after its fixed? gonna fix the leak of course - but am up in the hills around europe this winter, will be driving hard so wanna keep it cool

any ideas? bonnet scoops?
      problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

Working...
      X