Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried

Hi all,

I am still in the market for a 3ltr 2nd Gen Surf at the end of June begining of July and even with the rise in fuel costs I am still going for it.

BUT...

A mate of mine who has had a Surf is telling me I will regret getting one due to the seating position! He says that it's low on the floor and will do your legs/back in on even a medium distance drive.

I must admit as yet I have not driven one, I have sat in the 'G' model with the recaro seats and didn't like the way that they wrapped round you and held you in. The non recaro seated versions seemed OK.

My question is ... has he got a valid point or is it down to him just being a Tw@t?
    Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

I have never had any problems with my seating position even on the mac challenge where we spent nearly 30hrs in the truck including sleeping
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I have driven to Devon, Cornwall, Yorkshire and all over the shop with standard 2nd Gen seats with no problems. I suffer with lower back pain/sciatica from time to time but find the seats comfortable and supportive.
      I had mine for ages before I found the adjuster that lifts the front of the seat base to provide thigh support.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

him being a tw@tlol
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          I have driven to Devon, Cornwall, Yorkshire and all over the shop with standard 2nd Gen seats with no problems. I suffer with lower back pain/sciatica from time to time but find the seats comfortable and supportive.
          I had mine for ages before I found the adjuster that lifts the front of the seat base to provide thigh support.

Thanks people for the feedback, you have put my mind at rest.

Just need to find a kind local owner to trust me with a test drive
          Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

no problems here
            devon to glasgow, the lakes, london, eastern france, southern germany twice (did come home on the back of a truck 2nd time tho!) essex, hartfordshire etc and most runs only short stops for essentials, back still OK (ask the missus!!!!!!!!!!)
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

do loads of miles in mine with no probs but everyone on here thinks i am Spineless anyway
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                do loads of miles in mine with no probs but everyone on here thinks i am Spineless anyway
                Now come on Pops who on here would think that?.......lol
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
                  I have never had any problems with my seating position even on the mac challenge where we spent nearly 30hrs in the truck including sleeping
                  Wellcome, Best advice is to Beg, Borra but Test drive one !!!!!!
                  Having had me Truck nearly 5 years & a Spinal Problem for over 30 years to boot, Iv'e no Complaints even of road !!!!!!! Go for it

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                    Now come on Pops who on here would think that?.......lol
                    right form a line....no an orderly queue...you will all have your turn...no pushing at the back
                    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Paff
                      A mate of mine who has had a Surf is telling me I will regret getting one due to the seating position! He says that it's low on the floor and will do your legs/back in on even a medium distance drive.
                      One piece of advice for future reference.

Never listen to a mates advice.

You go back to show him it when you have bought it and I'll
                      bet he tells you how corkingly good they are, comfortable,
                      etc., etc. You can usually rely on friends to p$$s up your back
                      like no other.

Matt

Comment

No problems here,

I'm 6'5" and it's the most comfortable car i've owned on long journeys, only second to my vauxhall carlton i had a few years back, that was a proper limo on the motorway!!

You won't regret it!

Mart
                        Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Me too. I took mine down to the Alps (650 miles non stop) and I was amazed at how fresh I felt at the other end. No back ache, no nothing. Seating position is low, but it works well.

Comment

i find the seats comfortable, i too have lower back problems.
                            The only time i find it a bit cramped is if you have a tall person sitting in seat behind driving seat, so you have to shut your driving seat forward to give them leg room.
                            I usually have driving seat pushed fully back and seat tilted back
                            Landcruiser Colorado
                            Sub. Forester

Comment

You want a test drive in a gen 3, I live at East Bergholt between Ipswich and Colchester, you can try mine if your interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X