No announcement yet.

Langdale quest 16th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at the moment the only prob is the dust it is leathal gets every where and blocks up anything watch for overheating take water with you as there is none on site the mud puddles are in short supply and some of the mud runs are impassable at the moment as they have turn to almost glue
    6 inches of water on top and thirty inches of sludge even a light weight modded zooki just got suck in and stuckunable to move?
    but still a very good day

Comment

Hooray!!! My missus is not workin... so will be comin... need to get some meet directions etc sorted... myabe campin the night before... not sure will say later ... kinda fun... i just started using veg mix and need a couple of good runs to see how it fairs.....

Stu
      http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Woo Hoo...#

sadly not camping... but will meet up at a meeting point with everyone... any ideas of time?

12 days left to go!!!!

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2119
          map attached shows the pub "Fox and Grapes" on A64 right near junction with A1.
          just read through again... lol

ok The fox an grapes? what time peeps?

Stu

Comment

this sunday's langdale quest

Thankfully the web site is up and running again.

Right, time for a roundup!

What time peeps at the fox and Grapes?

Who's still coming?

Jim?
            Amethyst?
            Last edited by phoebelala; 11 July 2006, 05:29.
            I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
              Thankfully the web site is up and running again.

Right, time for a roundup!

What time peeps at the fox and Grapes?

Who's still coming?

Jim?
              Amethyst?

Looks like no one is talking to me this week. Is it cos ive been to Brazil for 2 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                Looks like no one is talking to me this week. Is it cos ive been to Brazil for 2 weeks?
                >whispers< did you have a good hols m8? >/whispers<

YES I AM COMING!!!!

i think we arranged a time earlier in the thread.... as it opens for us kids to play... my lady and lil one are coming too so she can get used to off roadin.... heheheh

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
                  >whispers< did you have a good hols m8? >/whispers<

YES I AM COMING!!!!

i think we arranged a time earlier in the thread.... as it opens for us kids to play... my lady and lil one are coming too so she can get used to off roadin.... heheheh

Sorry, I forgot Mikey 2119 as on the previous page hae says he aint coming but that was for the camping

so its

Amethyst DEFFO
                  Mikey 2119 to confirm
                  Its Jim to confirm
                  Phoebelala DEFFO

I suggest we do the "jungle treck" its a piece of cake to look at it. I am bringing my dad as the wife won't stand to go over speed bumps with my driving never mind a forest course
                  Last edited by phoebelala; 12 July 2006, 17:56.

Comment

So we have 2 days to go...

Who's comin???

What time we meetin at the grapes?

anyone know where i can get my surf tracked???? just noticed 1/3 of my tire is wearing rreal thin on the passenger side..... and my spare is pants....

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
                      So we have 2 days to go...

Who's comin???

What time we meetin at the grapes?

anyone know where i can get my surf tracked???? just noticed 1/3 of my tire is wearing rreal thin on the passenger side..... and my spare is pants....

Stu

Hi Matey, It looks like me and you cos the others have gone very quiet!

I will ring the venue today and see if we have to book. I am bringing my dad as the wife is not into bumps so won't come. "shes a thin gal with no meat on her botty to absorb the bumps"

I would suggest 10.30 at the fox and grapes, does this suit you?

So its me (al) my dad and you, your mrs and kiddy at the moment unless anyone else wants to come along. Shame about the weather, it needs to be a bit rainy for max fun I suppose but we will have fun.

Al.

Comment

yeah i think i will take some extra water for washin out the rad... but should be wicked... good day out... time sounds good to me... gives me time to sort the young un out ....

Stu

Comment

the best run is the maze it is a bit of a tight sqeeze put I have done it on a regular basis with no probs there is onle one section of the maze to avoid as you come towards the end through the trees there is a choice of which track to take the one on the left is the one to take as the one on the left is okay until the last 15 ft round the corner so you can just hang a sharp left and miss that bit or you will get stuck big time?
                          yet to see any 4x4 get through it without the use of a winch.
                          it looks okay but under the surface of the water is some big hole and large rocks wich will cross akle your front end into the lat rock
                          if you avoid that one small section you will find it probably the best run of the day
                          PLEASE DONT FORGET PLENTY OF WATER FOR YOU AND YOUR TRUCK AS THERE NONE ON SITE
                          from experience I always take a small spay bottle and use it to spray my face down and you can always put it onto a jet and spray a lot of dust from the rad
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wicked ta for the advice m8... looks like its just u n me Al, yer dad... my lady and my lad then.... lol

is anyone else coming?

STu

Comment

would love to join you as I have an xpass but sadly now I'm surfless and
                              have not got the vitara ready yet

Comment

Hi, sorry i haven't been online as i've been on site excavating what was supposed to be a domestic settlement in the hills. Until yesterday all was fine for closing down site until matey here (in pickie) reared his rather slim profile.
                                So i'm affraid my playing this weekend is still playing in the dirt, but unfortunately, not with the Surf.
                                My humblest appolagies and i hope who does go has a great time, and all being well i can make the next outing. And as for Skelator here, he says sorry also for spoiling my fun and also for the pages of reports i'm now going to be faced with that goes along with it....the git. Oh well, never mind, the tan is now looking fantastic..pity it stops at the line of my boots tho!!!
                                Attached Files
                                Is it supposed to sound like this??

Comment

Working...
                                X