Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have the Ramblers.............

Got emselves another target ?

Wonder if we could gain sympathy from this lot, if not we can surely encourage them to use aim better on the driving ranges

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

"
    ramblers are concerned about the way golf courses are being developed right up to the coast, or right along river banks.
    "

crumbs!... all that dirty grass bighting the countryside!!... hope they don't drive them dirty great poluting lawnmowers on it!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

And what about all those Divets turning into lots of Little muddy puddles
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

bunch of firkin tw@ts! Ramblers: proof that too much exercise and fresh air is, in fact, not good for you. you become a complete wanchor
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

In all seriousness, how you hell did the 'Ramblers' ever get so much power, From my experiance, far more people 4x4, motorbike/cycle and ride horses across the country than walkers.

Seems like the whole country has to give up any recreation to let a few people walk their dogs without getting muddy feet.

They moan loader than anyone else I guess.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            In all seriousness, how you hell did the 'Ramblers' ever get so much power, From my experience, far more people 4x4, motorbike/cycle and ride horses across the country than walkers.

Seems like the whole country has to give up any recreation to let a few people walk their dogs without getting muddy feet.

They moan loader than anyone else I guess.
            Apart from the moaning of the anti-4x4 crowd. What does amaze me
            with these 'activists' however, whatever their views, is why they don't
            put their pathetic $$$ of a life to some proper use and actually give grief
            to the people who are really deserving of it, i.e: Government.

It would be easier for the rest of us then, as they might eventually
            annoy the plonks in Parliament to distraction and cause them to
            obtain an iota of common sense, and save us the hassle of having
            to beat the activists with big, heavy, pain inducing implements.
            (Got carried away there, ).

Matt

Comment

ramblers....
              they are a powerful pressure group, because they are united, into one red socked, cagouled, bobble hat wearing, val der ree, val der rah singing, hairy legged and middle aged tedium, with one voice pushing all assunder! there is no land rover versus japaneese, with them. no distractions like the hunting fraternity suffered of terriermen versus lurcher men versus huntsmen.
              no petty bickering will be heard through those thinsulate hats. ONWARDS! keep up at the back! and they will march roughshod (or more accurately brasher boot shod) over the land (no matter who owns it) and the rights of anyone who stands in their way. Ever since the kinder trespass there battle cry is to trample underfoot the landowner, the driver, the farmer and even the simple mountain biker. all so they can sit on some tumbledown dry stone wall in the middle of nowhere and get off their heads on chocolate covered kendal mint cake.
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                ramblers....
                they are a powerful pressure group, because they are united, into one red socked, cagouled, bobble hat wearing, val der ree, val der rah singing, hairy legged and middle aged tedium, with one voice pushing all assunder! there is no land rover versus japaneese, with them. no distractions like the hunting fraternity suffered of terriermen versus lurcher men versus huntsmen.
                no petty bickering will be heard through those thinsulate hats. ONWARDS! keep up at the back! and they will march roughshod (or more accurately brasher boot shod) over the land (no matter who owns it) and the rights of anyone who stands in their way. Ever since the kinder trespass there battle cry is to trample underfoot the landowner, the driver, the farmer and even the simple mountain biker. all so they can sit on some tumbledown dry stone wall in the middle of nowhere and get off their heads on chocolate covered kendal mint cake.
                Exactly.

Well said that man in the shed.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Please don't knock middle age tedium...

What are these ramblers rambling on about now... aren't footpath's enough for them? Why are they now going on about roads...?

Hang on... read it again... Responsible access... now that makes more sense... if you want to roam on a golf course, you have to expect gettting hit by a golf ball... You walk on a road, you might get hit by a vehicle.... play with fire, will get burnt sooner or later... etc. etc.

So why is the government closing 'roads' that have been there longer than goverment for those that want to use them...?
                  Last edited by AndyLala; 18 May 2006, 11:48.

Comment

Working...
                  X