No announcement yet.

Auto or Manual ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is in a car, then yes the tank location is a problem. Range Rovers use a toroidal tank in the spare wheel well and the 4x4's I've had used under-slung tanks.

The duty hasn't gone up to anywhere near petrol/DERV levels and I note that it is 73p per litre in most places. It is most satisfying to fill up at that price.

Mileage on a 4x4 reduces by about 3-4MPG from what you would currently be getting on petrol. For a 4x4, the argument (ducks under parapet) is definitely about running costs. For a car, hmmm, maybe on a 4 litre engined car but the inconvenience of having a boot-filled tank...

I've had a works van, Ford Transit which had been factory fitted on LPG. Aside from), conversions arent exempt despite what sellers may tell you. Overall, on the van, there wasnt a saving as a petrol Transit will do about 22MPG, 18 on LPG whereas a diesel van of comparable size will do 39MPG without the higher service costs of a petrol engine and the annual service on the LPG system. I wouldn't have an LPG van again by choice.

The 3.2 Trooper returned about 15MPG on gas from memory and the Ssangyong about 11.

Comment

Working...
    X