Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
    How's the foot, had plenty of time to heal
    Err...Yes thanks for asking
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by dazandcaz View Post
      My 2.4 does this also, on wet grass
      Aye but mine does on the black stuff!
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Marmite?
        Non consternationes.

Comment

Marmite?
          Can't stand the ###### stuff!!!

Comment

My 2.4 does this also, on wet grass
            Mine spin if I cough on the accelerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaft120 View Post
              Vintage threads rule!

My first Auto too.....and I always said I wouldnt have one.

I've been totally converted now though. I think if I bought another sports car, I'd have to have a manual, but for a cruiser or a big lumberer like a 4x4 the Auto rules! I can even spin the tyres up with the V6.
              Ah yes, you're the one with the 3.4. There was a bloke on here the other day wanting to know how economical they are. He would love your valuable input.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Mine spin if I cough on the accelerator.
                It's not big or clever, but does sound like fun!
                Non consternationes.

Comment

Ah yes, you're the one with the 3.4. There was a bloke on here the other day wanting to know how economical they are. He would love your valuable input.

Hehe - Yes I read that little back and forth of yours BW

Was most amusing. Thought I'd leave my two penneth out as I'd already written a post on the MPG for the 3.4 and I've no idea what the 2.7 is like.

Funnily enough I'm getting it raised and onto 305's at the end of the month, so It will be interesting to see how it hits the MPG. I'm considering LPG'ing it - but may be a bit of a gamble.
                  Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaft120 View Post
                    Hehe - Yes I read that little back and forth of yours BW

Was most amusing. Thought I'd leave my two penneth out as I'd already written a post on the MPG for the 3.4 and I've no idea what the 2.7 is like.

Funnily enough I'm getting it raised and onto 305's at the end of the month, so It will be interesting to see how it hits the MPG. I'm considering LPG'ing it - but may be a bit of a gamble.
                    Just a possible word of warning about LPG.

Something I wasn't aware of prior to chatting to a taxi driver about it is that you get much worse mpg from LPG than petrol or diesel. I presume that would be the reason why the fuel tax on LPG has put it to a point where it costs about half as much as petrol/diesel if it returns (roughly, for the sake of putting a figure on it) half as much mpg.

Obviously, no personal experience in that other than a conversation with a taxi driver but it wasn't something I'd ever heard mentioned before.

Anyone know how true this is?

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post

Something I wasn't aware of prior to chatting to a taxi driver about it is that you get much worse mpg from LPG than petrol or diesel. I presume that would be the reason why the fuel tax on LPG has put it to a point where it costs about half as much as petrol/diesel if it returns (roughly, for the sake of putting a figure on it) half as much mpg.

Obviously, no personal experience in that other than a conversation with a taxi driver but it wasn't something I'd ever heard mentioned before.

Depends on the system as well, The mixer type is about 86% efficient while the sequential is around 96% efficient. I had the sequential fitted and in fairness it was easy to get along with but, As far as consumption goes if i got 25mpg on petrol i would expect about 20/22 on LPG (these are estimates)but also take into account the extra weight of the LPG tank as well as the petrol tank, I've known of a few people who swear by the LPG (saying that i know more people who swear at it!)

Comment

Sequential gas is the shiznit. much better than the older systems.
                        How do you talk to taxi drivers? Do you speak a second language?

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post

Its not, I lost a little mpg on my Rover V8, went from 20ish to 16ish on gas, but that was a old venturi type system, the newer injection ones are better.

You can tune to give same MPG, but less power, if you go for same power you get less MPG, but not half!

It burns cleaner and better, but carries less actrual energy pound of pound with petrol hense the increased MPG is you want to get the same power from ther motor.

You can double your oil change and filter life though, as you get no containation of the oil, and it produces far less emissions.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                            Sequential gas is the shiznit. much better than the older systems.
                            How do you talk to taxi drivers? Do you speak a second language?

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                            Its not, I lost a little mpg on my Rover V8, went from 20ish to 16ish on gas, but that was a old venturi type system, the newer injection ones are better.

You can tune to give same MPG, but less power, if you go for same power you get less MPG, but not half!

It burns cleaner and better, but carries less actrual energy pound of pound with petrol hense the increased MPG is you want to get the same power from ther motor.

You can double your oil change and filter life though, as you get no containation of the oil, and it produces far less emissions.
                            Obviously this particular taxi driver spoke a dialect of sh1te that I was unfamiliar with!

Comment

Why the need to LPG a car anyway?
                              It doesn't save the planet, it doesn't make your car faster, it doesn't reduce insurance costs and the price can only go up to the same levels as other fuels.

Don't reply if you're going to mention running costs.

Comment

Why the need to LPG a car anyway?
                                It doesn't save the planet, it doesn't make your car faster, it doesn't reduce insurance costs and the price can only go up to the same levels as other fuels.

Don't reply if you're going to mention running costs.
                                LPG is great when you go on holiday...The wife and kids can only bring one bag because the LPG tank takes up all the boot space.
                                Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                                X